Customer Business Manager, Discounter Supermarkets
Here at PepsiCo we are looking for an experienced Customer Business Manager to join our fast paced Sales team based at our head office in Reading.
Distinguished by our energetic, determined people, our sales teams combine a strategic and consultative approach with incisive consumer data to help both PepsiCo and our customers flourish. Our Customer Business Managers are responsible for building and maintaining outstanding customer relationships with our customers.
As a Customer Business Manager, you’ll manage all aspects of our commercial relationship for Walkers, Tropicana and Quaker for our Discounter Channel building joint business plans to deliver PUK share, sales, and profit growth targets within budgetary constraints. In addition to this you’ll oversee commercial relationships for FarmFoods, Wilkinsons and MISC Discounter.
- Set and deliver the annual sales revenue plans for your customers across PepsiCo’s core brands (Walkers, Quaker and Tropicana)
- Own and manage promotional plans, NPD distribution and execution negotiations with your customers, including the achievement of promotional efficiency targets
- Own and develop the mix of PepsiCo products sold through your accounts, specifically developing strategies and tactics to drive high revenue/profit packs and products
- Deliver in-store execution standards for distribution, display and promotion as defined in the annual marketing calendar and operating plan
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships at Buying Manager level, and develop senior relationships with Chilled and Ambient Grocery as required
- Work with cross functional internal teams (Insights / Marketing/ Shopper Marketing / Supply etc.) to deliver motivating solutions to engage customers to achieve our financial & execution targets.
- Management responsibility for 2 direct report, which will involve coaching and development, setting overall direction and day-to-day management of tasks.
- FMCG sales experience, including past experience of account ownership
- A strong results focus with a track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- Proven commercial and analytical ability in order to manage both the operational and strategic agendas
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a proven ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to conduct multi-faceted negotiations at both tactical and strategic/contractual level
- A customer centric focus – you’ll put the customer at the heart of all decisions
- An innovative approach – you’ll listen carefully and understand how to use data to create new and winning ideas
Job Type: Regular