Maint/ Eng Technician 1
We are recruiting a Maintenance Technician to join our Manufacturing team in our Food Flavours Plant, Little Island on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
Operations is at the centre of everything we do, this is where our food and beverages come to life and is the start of the journey to getting our product in the hands of our consumers. That’s why we need dedicated individuals who share our commitment to the fundamentals of our business in safety, quality, service and efficiency. Would you like to be involved in the manufacture of some of PepsiCo’s billion dollar brands? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
- Timely and effective trouble-shooting and repair of day-to-day equipment and systems issues
- Implementation and on-going development of Total Productive Maintenance systems in conjunction with Operations team.
- Lead and manage all contractors for both on-going maintenance requirements and engineering projects.
- Operation, co-ordination and management of Engineering Stores and the spares requirements.
- Work with other staff in diagnosing causes of system, equipment or material failures
- Collect and utilise data and reports on equipment and systems to generate improvement initiatives to better meet customer and user demands
- Support all teams in meeting the plants KPI targets
- Liaise with Operations teams in the planning of maintenance work and addressing equipment performance issues
- Provide technical support to project teams in order to ensure technically best practice solutions
- Carry out all work safely, cost effectively and to the highest GMP standards, while maintaining good relations with our suppliers, contractors, customers and fellow employees
- Participate in Quality, Cost, and Service initiatives to drive performance improvement
- Continually learn and bring to the Food Flavours Plant the most applicable and appropriate technologies available
- Recommend process or system modifications. Assist in diagnosing and finding the answers to technical problems
- Make recommendations on contractors and adjudicate on performance
- Maximise equipment and plant availability through the root cause identification and subsequent elimination of problems/defects
- Implement ideas to improve efficiency and effectiveness in both energy usage and of plant/production equipment performance
- Reduction/Elimination of all sources of waste and customer complaints
- Leverage knowledge of engineering discipline to support Supply Chain related processes and build continuous improvements in equipment and systems throughout plant
- A Qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering preferably timed served with 5 years’ experience working in an automated environment.
- A team player with willingness to provide guidance or support to other team members as appropriate.
- Demonstrated technical and interpersonal Skills
- Proactive in delivering results in a production environment
- Innovative approach to problem solving
- Committed to GMP and HSE with a good understanding of business processes/drivers
- Familiarity and knowledge of PLC technology (In-Touch) and Process Control Systems – programming, de-bugging and systems development
- Trouble-shooting, de-bugging, repair and maintenance knowledge with regard to all aspects of the following:
- the control and operation of the Plant Utilities including Air Handling and RH Control typical for Clean Room Areas.
- Automated powder process and filling equipment including ancillary equipment including ancillary equipment such as labelling, check-weighing, stretch-wrapping etc.
- Shift work may be a requirement as and when the business requires
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular