Internship : Category Management
What does the internship involve?
The Category Management department is responsible for the growth of PepsiCo’s various category operations, and works on strategies and initiatives based on category-, retail-, and shopper insights to achieve this. This internship gives you the chance to gain a lot of knowledge about the category Juices and about the behavior of the shoppers of this category!
We are looking for a curious and enthusiastic Category Management Intern who will support the Category Managers for the category Juices:
- You will be involved in conducting promotional analysis: analyzing which promotions (from Pepsico and our competitors) were effective, and what we can do in order to improve the promotional strategy on our brands
- You will assist in making portfolio recommendations towards our customers by analyzing the shelf, the assortment of the competition and the Pepsico strategy. You will base your advice on insights out of analysis of the sales from Nielsen, or retailer selling out data.
- You will monitor and identify opportunities and threats in the market by making competitor analysis and visiting supermarkets, and make ad hoc analysis as basis for new plans or to evaluate implemented plans. Based on the outcomes you will come with recommendations
- You will conduct additional in-store research (observations, interviews etc.) yourself if needed.
- You will support the category Manager Juices in day-to-day tasks like preparing customer presentations, helping in ad-hoc questions and analysis.
The Category Management Intern will report to the Category Manager Juices. For retailer projects you will work closely with the Account Managers and for internal projects like monitoring or introduction of New Product Developments with the Brand Managers and their Interns. For gathering specific data and additional shopper research you will cooperate with the Business Analytics department.
What do we offer you?
At PepsiCo, we are not only proud of our market leading brands, but also attach great value to growth opportunities and personal development. Next to working with inspirational and creative colleagues, we offer sufficient training opportunities to give our professionals the opportunity to achieve great results. At PepsiCo we foster an informal working atmosphere and value everyone’s input and ideas. No day is ever the same and you will constantly be challenged to bring out your best!
As an intern, you will not only be remunerated for your role, which will include travel allowances, but also get several opportunities which will ensure that you have a holistic, and fun experience for six months. For example, you, are given multiple chances to connect with the current interns (10-15) that help in knowledge and experience sharing; get to take home goodies from the company every Friday, to name a few!
About PepsiCo and you!
PepsiCo is one of the largest food and beverages companies in the world. Every day, worldwide, people consume PepsiCo products, more than a billion times. With strong brands like Pepsi, 7UP, Lay's, Tropicana, Doritos, Quaker and Duyvis, we are firmly represented within the Benelux. Here, we work with 1,400 employees at 7 different locations to ensure the success of our company. At PepsiCo we cultivate an informal, dynamic and result-oriented business culture - we strive for success!
At the heart of PepsiCo, is Performance with Purpose — our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable value for all stakeholders. We believe that delivering for our consumers, protecting our environment, sourcing with integrity and investing in our employees are not just the right thing to do, but that these actions also position PepsiCo for long-term, sustainable growth.
By uploading your CV, for the aforementioned vacancy, you will automatically apply for the Next Interns Day on the 6th of December 2018. During this day the selection for this internship will take place. The deadline for the uploading of your CVs is the 28th of November 2018 (18:00h) and we will invite a maximum of 30 students for this event.
After considering your application, we will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions via a phone interview. For questions regarding this internship vacancy, please contact Valérie Marien (+32.761.97.16 or email@example.com)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for you, master students and/or recently graduated students:
- Who are available fulltime for a challenging internship of 6 months starting in February 2019
- Who are passionate to work for a multinational with iconic brands
- Has strong analytical skills and enjoys making analyses;
- Has proactive working attitude, can work independently on projects and thereby set priorities;
- Is persistence when you are facing challenges;
- Has strong communication skills and comfortable communicating with people from many different departments;
- Has experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Who master Dutch/French and English (multilingual)
Job Type: Temporary