Street Address: United Kingdom - Leicestershire - Leicester - Bursom Industrial Estate,Leycroft Road - LE41ET
PepsiCo is looking for a Reliability Engineer to join our busy manufacturing site in Leicester.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the seventh year in a row!
Our Bursom Road factory is our most established site in the UK. It’s our flex-plant which means it has the capability to produce both snack products, like Wotsits and Frazzles, as well as some of the nation's favourite crisps like Sensations and Crinkles. It’s a key part of the Walkers portfolio producing at least four million bags per day!
As a Reliability Engineer you’ll be responsible for improving maintenance at site, ensuring machinery reliability and equipment availability, ensuring we manufacture the right amount of quality product to be delivered to our customers.
What you’ll get up to:
- Lead the reliability framework, ensuring all equipment is optimised to deliver site efficiency targets.
- Develop and execute a functional strategy through application of Lean tools.
- Develop and improve current methodologies and work practices related to Preventative and Predictive Maintenance.
- Lead, facilitate and execute continuous improvement activities across the site, using a variety of problem solving skills such as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing,
- Improve the performance of production lines by using effective preventative maintenance, timely problem solving, equipment improvements, and training of production and maintenance personnel as needed
- Provide leadership to shift teams to maintain a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, safety, and strive to develop a high-performing maintenance team.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement aligned to the Pepsico brand values.
- Model Lean leadership behaviours and coach colleagues to meet site goals.
What we’re looking for:
- Time served engineer with a track record in leading engineering projects
- HND / Degree Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Experience in a similar role within an FMCG environment would be an advantage
- People management experience
- Green belt six-sigma / RCA / analytical problem solving skills or equivalent
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to handle multiple work streams
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, CMMS, Project)
- Action orientated with a strong track record in coaching and influencing
- Decision making and communication abilities, demonstrated at all levels
- A natural leader with strong facilitation and influencing skills
This role comes with a competitive salary and a range of flexible benefits, including private healthcare.
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular