Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
We are currently recruiting a Supply Chain Planner to join our team in Little Island on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The supply chain team are the lynch pin of operations ensuring the careful coordination of concentrate ingredients and recipes. The team works with our global plants, bottlers and Distribution Centres to ensure flawless supply execution for PepsiCo. Would you like to work in a dynamic global environment connected in to 140 markets worldwide? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
The primary role of the planner is to develop a demand forecast. This position is a key driver in creating and managing the consumer demand signals by which the organization aligns supply chain and company resources. The demand planner is tasked with using data insights to improve forecast accuracy. This person is a hands-on worker who will drive the creation of a demand forecast and work with other functional teams to develop a consensus plan, which will then be handed off to the supply-planning team.
- Develop and implement E2E global supply chain model to support demand planning and inventory management and availability of specific materials and citrus essential oils across all PGCS concentrate facilities
- Develop and align with coded team appropriate safety and cycle stocks for coded keys and citrus essential oils for all PGCS + citrus essential oils concentrate facilities
- Develop optimized process liaising with key stakeholders in Operations, Quality, Coded Procurement and Supply Chain
- Produce a monthly report which shows the current inventory (by plant) of each material within a specific portfolio, its monthly anticipated consumption and monthly inventory balance, highlight any keys/plants that are below safety stock levels or have excess inventory
- Liaise with production planner for all facilities to ensure shipments scheduled on time (avoiding unnecessary air freight)
- Liaise with each plant to ensure alignment on ETD and ETA to ensure no disruption to manufacturing
- Responsibility for the execution of each shipment ensuring correct documentation (carrier and customs) and on time delivery
- Develop full understanding of specific market customs requirements (e.g labels, COA’s, quality letters) liaising with internal stakeholders and Customs teams to ensure no issues
- Manage freight budget to ensure air freight by exception only and report on a monthly basis essences/extracts to support Singapore plant requirements
- Drive alignment between plants, the appropriate safety and cycle stocks for essences and extracts to support ongoing production requirements
- Develop optimized process liaising with key stakeholders in Operations, Quality and Supply Chain (Singapore and Cork)
- Responsible for on-going communication with Singapore Supply Chain team - execute order on SAP and associated documentation to ensure shipment and delivery to support order fulfilment in Singapore facility
- Reviewing capacity utilization and manage volume to optimize use of available capacity across plants
- Determine and communicate Customer Order confirmation dates & quantities to the respective Singapore plant contact point, ensuring alignment on up-coming order timelines
- Book carrier to ensure correct vessel dates
- Execute order by ensuring correct carrier and customs documentation generated and submitted for each order
- Inventory management
- Reviewing product freshness and determining potential usage of ageing product
- Completing monthly excess and obsolescence inventory review and classify potential risk accordingly
- Identifying inventory for disposal and cross change
- Develop and maintain GCS documentation and ensure full compliance
- Successfully complete SOX and GCS audits as required
- Maintain planning master data as required in conjunction with the coded keys team
- Liaise with SAP data team for each order to ensure master data set-ups are completed in and accurate and timely manner
- Work with Coded team to streamline SAP data requirements and standardize
- Provide cover as required across the customer services and miscellaneous shipments teams
- Ensure a comprehensive set of up-to-date training manuals are in place for E2E coded and extracts supply
- A requirement of the role is that you must adhere to all PepsiCo Health & Safety Requirements
- Support the development and implementation of OH initiatives within the Supply Chain function
- Support development of world class interplant demand & production planning alignment processes and international shipment documentation
- Actively look to engage & support Planning and Supply Chain projects as required
- Actively look to develop and improve Cross Function Engagement
- Support new product introductions through the provision of timely and accurate information to the NPI process
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Supply Chain Planner. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be SC Plng Assoc Planner.
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular