Purdue Supply Chain CoOp Program
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The goal of PepsiCo’s Supply Chain Co-Op program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment. Ultimately, we aim to develop the future supply chain leaders necessary to enable our growth within an accelerated period of time. During this co-op you may have exposure leading teams of hourly associates, implementing and managing leading-edge manufacturing and distribution technology, as well as process flow design and mapping, productivity measures, time studies, data collection and computational analyses within the production and operations areas of our facilities. Additionally, you will have opportunities to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets.
What you can expect:
Opportunities are provided through varying assignments in Production, Warehouse Operations, Maintenance, and Quality. Assignments are based on functional knowledge vs. defined time periods. Based on performance, Co-Ops will have the unique opportunity if offered a Full-time position, to move rapidly to increasing levels of responsibility, leading to managerial positions. Keep in mind, when you work for PepsiCo, you will have access to a variety of operating models within the Beverage, Foods and Corporate environments; meaning you could support power brands such as Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Frito-Lay and still work within the same company!
*** Take note: work placement will be at the Munster, IN location, but Full-time offers can be located elsewhere within the Midwest Region. ***
In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Motivate operations teams to achieve performance targets
- Support various components and activities spanning the project management life cycle; such as business case analysis, detailed requirements, software design/testing/deployment and issues management
- Gain understanding of various supply chain functions and disciplines
- Receive opportunities to build affiliation with associate peers and interact with senior leadership
- Assist in the analysis and development of supply chain metrics and business processes
- Report findings to other team members and management as required
- Work on large projects and manage time and effort without need for constant supervision
- Learn various statistical modeling and developing reporting tools
- Learn to manage production staff to attain production and quality goals
- Gain valuable insights between manufacturing & distribution/selling
- Assist in developing individuals and the team to solve operational issues
- Improve team communication and engagement
- Assist in organizing and facilitating team meetings to achieve continuous process improvement
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
Possible Co-Op projects can include:
As part of the co-op program, we aim to provide an experience designed for you to gain functional knowledge of supply chain and an opportunity to achieve results through the completion of real-world supply chain-based projects.
- Understanding PepsiCo’s supply chain organization and the different departments that make and move PepsiCo product in preparation for sales.
- Working closely with our supply chain professionals to share strategies, data, and experience what it is like to be a supply chain leader at PepsiCo.
- Identifying process efficiencies and solutions to implement within our manufacturing and warehousing businesses. Some examples include: reducing waste, improving safety, improving frontline performance, analyzing/optimizing line efficiency and output, or improving compliance to standards.
- Developing interpersonal and communication skills to successfully lead a frontline workgroup.
What we’re looking for:
- Enrolled in Flex-Co-op program and currently pursuing a degree in: Engineering, Operations/Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Looking to complete 2 concurrent sessions (8 months in total) with PepsiCo
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off- campus; either through employment or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to work flexible work schedules, including early mornings, evening and/or weekends
- Spanish language skills a plus
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one 1-2 years of Co-Op completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement