Engineering Stores Manager
Street Address: United Kingdom - Leicestershire - Leicester - Bursom Industrial Estate,Leycroft Road - LE41ET
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the seventh year in a row!
Our Bursom Road factory is our most established site in the UK. It’s our flex-plant which means it has the capability to produce both snack products, like Wotsits and Frazzles, as well as some of the nation's favourite crisps like Sensations and Crinkles. It’s a key part of the Walkers portfolio producing at least four million bags per day!
Reporting to the site Maintenance Manager, you’ll be responsible for the engineering stores and inventory. You’ll lead the wider Stores team and be the inventory ‘go to’ for the Maintenance function, managing all stock purchasing and issuing activities.
What you’ll get up to:
- Manage day to day running of the engineering stores and all the stock purchasing and issuing activities.
- Develop and execute a functional strategy through application of Lean tools and thinking.
- Be the functional expert in all aspects of inventory control:
- Processing Engineering Parts Requisitions
- Purchase Orders
- Delivery Notes
- Stock accuracy
- Maintain engineering budgets.
- HND / Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience of stores management in a Lean manufacturing environment
- People management experience
- Procurement experience
- Green belt six-sigma / RCA / analytical problem solving skills or equivalent
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to handle multiple work streams
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, CMMS, Project)
- Action orientated with a strong track record in coaching and influencing
- Decision making and communication abilities, demonstrated at all levels
- A natural leader with strong facilitation and influencing skills
Job Type: Regular