Supply Chain Manager, Service Strategy & Optimisation
Supply Chain Manager, Service Strategy & Optimisation
We are now recruiting a Supply Chain Manager, Service Strategy & Optimisation to join our head office Supply Chain team in Cork on a permanent basis.
We are the Concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT, managing over 700 international supply chains. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The supply chain team are the lynch pin of operations ensuring the careful coordination of concentrate ingredients and recipes. The team works with our global plants, Distribution Centre and Bottling customers to ensure flawless supply execution for PepsiCo. Would you like to work in a dynamic global environment connected in to 140 markets worldwide? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
You will be responsible for leading PGCS service consistency and efficiency by ensuring the tools, systems, training and processes are in place to deliver value to the business and reflect best practice methodologies. You will also have responsibility for engaging with senior stakeholders within the Supply Chain and the business, identifying business opportunities for continuous improvement and ensuring appropriate reporting and support are in place.
- Develop Customer Service Strategy to service bottlers across broad geography, industry and size scales. Lead customer segmentation activities – to cover category approaches as well as customer segmentation by volume, financials, forecast accuracy
- Lead development of best practice service and customer facing processes across the Supply Chain organisation and ensure that standardised systems and processes are in place
- Ensure effective delivery of a standardised suite of Supply Chain policies, ensuring a balance between cost and risk across the portfolio. Manage compliance to policy across the Supply Chain and wider business
- Play an active role in defining, reviewing and agreeing service delivery with the execution teams. Identify weaknesses and drive continuous improvement activities across the Order fulfilment organisation. Ensure appropriate training and tools are in place for the Supply Chain perform effectively
- Deliver effective, field aligned, safety stock strategy to ensure serviceable inventory levels & avoid obsolescence
- Deliver effective freight & transit strategy & risk management. Implement effective cost and performance management, including development and monitoring of appropriate trackers
- Address global re-sourcing decisions as required – balancing operating model compliance with long term supply surety
- Perform other duties as required from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, STEM subjects or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience in an international, multi-market, multi-site Supply Chain and deep functional understanding of Supply chain activities and their interdependencies with activities of other functions, notably Finance and Operations
- Expert ability to read and interpret data-led information
- Demonstrated business planning capability, able to understand the impact the Supply Chain Operations team will have to the Supply Chain and make informed decisions
- Proven ability to identify and implement best practice systems and process and drive the Supply Chain execution team to deploy it
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, enabling them to get things done both up and across the organization
- Demonstrated to develop and execute long-term plans, manage stakeholder groups, develop stakeholder communication plans, and identify and manage risks and issues.
- Experience with sales, legal & regulatory frameworks would be desirable.
- Expert risk management skills, with ability to cultivate a culture of carrying out risk management within PGCS Supply Chain team and wider Supply Chain would also be desired.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Supply Chain Manager, Service Strategy & Optimisation. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be Service Optimisation Manager.
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular