Category Manager - Kroger (DX)
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The Demand Xcelerator (DX) team represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space resources supporting Sales and Marketing plans across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers.
As a Category Manager, you will deliver strategic insight in support of the PepsiCo Beverage Team while partnering with an enterprise customer. Specifically, this role will work to identify market trends, competitive threats, brand strategies and customer strategies in order to increase sales and market share.
- Primary responsibility is to lead, enhance, and grow the PepsiCo relationship with the Category Buyer by being a thought leader and “go-to” resource for all category, shopper and consumer trends, and merchandising solutions. Use shopper specific granular analytics from multiple data sources across markets, shoppers, and consumers to make business-building recommendations for category growth.
- Secondary responsibilities include leveraging multiple data sources to gain a deep understanding of consumer and shopper behavior and interactions across products, geographies, cohorts, and occasions. This analysis will be used to drive the customer's learning agenda.
You will have an opportunity to join the PepsiCo Demand Xcelerator team supporting the Kroger Category Management agenda providing category analysis and action plans for the development of the largest U.S. Grocery retailer. Supporting the largest warehouse beverage business including Gatorade, Tropicana, and Naked Juice while helping to implement PepsiCo and Kroger strategies for mutual success. This is an excellent position for a season Category Manager seeking experience in our world class category management team.
You will also be required to:
- Utilize syndicated consumer and market data for the purposes of uncovering compelling insights
- Leverage shopper and consumer insights in the development of category strategies and retailer relevant sell stories.
- Integrate information from many sources and develop actionable insights and recommendations
- Provide expert analysis and insight to Customer Team members so they are able to effectively make optimal decisions in the marketplace, and share that learning across the broader organization.
- Keeps abreast of developments and best practices in category management. It is expected that you will pursue the knowledge needed to improve departmental capabilities and improve professional competence.
- Participate in account strategic planning process.
- Act as a strong, clear, objective, and inspiring voice of enterprise Customer Team
- Identify, measure, and quantify marketplace trends and opportunities. Collaborate with Kroger and 8451 on the Category Learning Agendas
- Develop category plans that meet Kroger & PEP objectives while following the Customer 1st process.
- Present strategic insights to Kroger and 8451 to support the selling story, and gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization.
- Provide Kroger and 8451 with category and division specific opportunities & action plans.
- Create customized specific selling stories leveraging all available selling materials & enablers.
- Contribute to innovation sell-in by presenting consumer/category story.
- Analyze & present post-promotion analyses, quantifying impact to brand and category.
- Bias towards demonstrated ability to translate data into a compelling story that produces effective results for Kroger and PepsiCo.
- Strategically thinking about the business and the future evolution of the soft drink category
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Category Management experience
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management
- Experience with Kroger processes and systems preferred
- Experience with 84.51 preferred
- KOMPASS Experienced preferred
- Working knowledge of syndicated data via IRI and/or Nielsen required
- Understanding of shopper insights and panel data preferred
- Experience with Apollo and/or JDA Space Planning software preferred
- Strong leadership skills: the ability to proactively set and lead an insights agenda
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to link strategies and objectives to tactics
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to send and receive information clearly and concisely
- Strong planning/organizing skills: the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Teamwork is essential in this role as this person will work very closely with account sales leads, cross-functional teams as well as the retailer directly
- Must be proficient with PowerPoint and Excel, and able to utilize VLOOKUPS and other critical formulas in Excel
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of personal motivation analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills as well as great attention to detail
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement