Senior Flavor Chemist
In this role, the Senior Flavor Chemist designs and conducts high level analytical testing for product/packaging development and various problem-solving requests with a focus on Pepsi beverage portfolio. The position also offers opportunities of interacting with PepsiCo Gatorade and Tropicana businesses.
Primary job duties include performing GCMS volatile and flavor analytical testing. The position interfaces with product, process and packaging development, quality and food safety teams, delivering input for robust experimental design and ensuring timely results and insights. The Senior Flavor Chemist helps maintain instrumentation and develop methodology to achieve business priorities and helps identify new volatile measurement capability.
- Performing GCMS volatile chemical and flavor analysis that supports product and process development and troubleshooting
- Chromatographic data interpretation and correlation back to process, materials or contamination issues
- Collaborate as a member of the Analytical Sciences team to support product, process & package development and quality initiatives
- Develop, validate and document methods for volatile chemical and flavor analysis
- Integrate functional expertise with business objectives to identify critical testing needs
- Generate reports, insights and presentations that clearly and concisely communicate conclusions and recommendations
- Keep current on leading edge technologies and bring new capabilities to PepsiCo laboratories
- Demonstrate expertise and knowledge of flavor, analytical and food chemistry
- Expertise in techniques for isolation of volatile compounds from food, beverage and packaging
- Expertise or knowledge in GCMS instrumentation and relative software such as MassHunter and ChomaTOF
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify root cause and implement corrective action
- Communicate information in a clear, proactive and timely matter
- Ph.D in Flavor, Analytical or Food Chemistry - recent Ph.D grads are encouraged to apply or up 2 years of experience or Master's Degree in Flavor, Analytical or Food Chemistry with 3+ years experience in GC and GCMS headspace analysis of foods, beverage and/or flavor components
- Expertise in isolation of volatile compounds from food and/or beverage, knowledge/experience in GC and GCMS
- Outstanding teamwork and communication skills (oral and written)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement