Manufacturing Technician - Skelmersdale
Street Address: United Kingdom - Lancashire - Skelmersdale - Walkers Snack Foods Ltd,Pimbo Ind Estate - WN89QF
We are currently recruiting for a manufacturing Technician to join our Skelmersdale facility.
The activities undertaken by the MT are varied, and will span production, engineering, quality and hygiene.
As key members of the shift team, MTs must be able to identify team performance levels, and will demonstrate a good level of numerical, reading and information recording skills. An MT will also be expected to identify and follow through improvement opportunities looking within the site for best practice.
MT's activities will include but are not limited to:
Identifying and resolving root causes of machine inefficiencies whilst identifying trends in the faults being seen and taking appropriate action to resolve these.
Carrying out routine maintenance in line with the preventative maintenance plan.
Coordinate the activities of General Operators, e.g. directing their workload, relocating GOs to other machines, coaching GOs.
Pay & Benefits:
Salary of £34,372
Competitive holidays and pension scheme
Access to a staff shop
Free on site parking
Long service rewards
Behavioural Qualities required:
- Results focused, understands targets
- Ability to coach & support others on basic operations
- Can follow instructions / procedures
- Ability to maintain standards & drive Continuous Improvement
- Good planning & coordination skills
- Motivates others and displays integrity and trust
Technical Skills Required
- Demonstrates basic mechanical competence and technical understanding
- Demonstrates appreciation of pneumatic systems
- Has basic PC skills
- Will clearly understand the use and application of a wide variety of hand tools
- Understands tolerance related to machine settings
Job Type: Pipeline