Global Procurement Associate Manager - Packaging
Street Address: United States - NY - Purchase - 700 Anderson Hill Rd - 10577-1401
The Associate Manager for Flexible (Corrugate, Paperboard, Labels, Cartons) and Rigid Packaging (Bottles, Preforms, Closures, and Cans) maintains the front line interface with our key Suppliers and Business Unit partners to ensure lowest delivered cost, highest quality rigid packaging supply to the PepsiCo system through supply chain management techniques and corresponding financial analysis. This position will have lead accountability to ensure supply, execute category strategies and productivity initiatives as well as to commercialize Pepsi’s Flexible and Rigid packaging innovation and productivity initiatives at the supplier and bottler/PepsiCo plant level.
- Support in the management of Flexible and Rigid packaging suppliers to:
- Work to assure system supply of Pepsi-quality packaging at lowest cost
- Ensure we have adequate reserve capacity and contingency supply to meet the growth needs of our businesses
- Proactively communicate and align supply and contingency plans with Business Unit and bottler leadership
- Develop and implement best in class tracking systems for supply assurance
- Execute our sustainability, recycling and COGS reduction agendas through aggressive innovation programs.
- Deliver annual savings per established AOP goals
- Leverage support teams and tools to effectively and efficiently execute targeted cost savings and achieve results against established milestones
- Benchmark suppliers against metrics to assure logistic and cost performance
- Develop close working relationships with Suppliers to support innovation and supply chain shifts linked to our business
- Communicate and Interface with the Sr. Mgr, Rigid Packaging as well as Senior Managers of the various Flexible and Rigid Packaging categories to align business priorities and manage issues
- Support implementation of lightweighting and supply assurance strategies and related supplier re-mapping
- High integrity and ethics
- Procurement, Engineering, Operations or Finance background; MBA preferred
- 5 years experience in consumer products packaging with potential to continue to advance within the GP organization
- Seasoned Procurement skill set preferred; i.e. analytics, buy strategies and tactical implementation
- Solid understanding of supply chain mechanics, forecasting and costing
- Good understanding of financial analysis and cost modeling
- Strong organizational, execution and negotiating skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively as part of a team in an unstructured environment; comfortable and effective in influencing at all levels; ability to tactfully give/receive constructive feedback
- Eager to embrace and lead change by supporting a world class organization driven by first-rate processes which deliver results and “out of the box” possibilities
- Drive for Results- invigorated by challenges; willing to take risks and tackle large, complex tasks; no fear of failure; ability to manage and work within a dynamic environment
- Creative - Inquisitive; can identify new and better ways; active external learner: takes advantage of ideas, best practices, and solutions developed elsewhere
- Highly Collaborative - within Global Procurement and PepsiCo divisions; with internal customers and suppliers; conflict resolution and team building
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement