Revenue Strategy Manager
At PepsiCo we’re looking for high calibre individuals who can combine strategic thinking, strong analytical skills and pragmatic business sense to join our Revenue Strategy team. Revenue Strategy sits right at the heart of our business and is critical to our success. You will develop strategic plans that grow our business, whilst balancing profit & share performance by making appropriate recommendations and managing execution through our commercial teams. This role offers an ideal platform to transition into industry following experience in consulting or a strategy role in industry. Some experience of the Retail / Consumer Goods sector is desirable but not essential.
Our teams lead the strategic agenda both within the UK and our Europe and Sub Saharan Africa (ESSA) region, and have a high profile within PepsiCo with significant exposure to our Senior Executive teams. PepsiCo offers a wide range of future career paths for high potential candidates and we have a strong track record of transitioning Commercial Strategy alumni into leadership roles in other parts of our business in both the UK, and within PepsiCo globally.
Given the unprecedented level of change currently impacting the industry, these roles are increasingly critical in guiding our commercial decision making within the context of an uncertain marketplace. Success will require working with a wide variety of internal stakeholders including Sales, Marketing, Commercial Finance, Shopper / Consumer Insights and Operations as well as with external research and consultancy partners.
We have UK-based roles available at Manager level within both our UK operating business, and our European strategy team (based in the UK, but with the opportunity for 2-3 days monthly travel to our markets across Europe).
Key responsibilities typical of our Revenue Strategy Manager roles
(Location preference Reading, UK but applicants welcome across Europe)
- Supporting the definition of the long term (3-5yr) revenue strategy including influence of our innovation pipeline to unlock advantaged product mix, and alignment of strategic priorities to guide target definition for business units
- Partnering with category marketing teams to align brand and pricing aspirations over the medium term
- Managing international & cross border pricing risks
- Supporting the development of our “future insights” programmes, whose objective is to unlock the step change the quality of data & trial advanced analytical methods required to support our business over the coming years
- Highlighting key performance across our markets and defining corrective actions required within the year, with executive leadership team level audience
- Supporting deep-dive projects with individual business units, for example the overhaul of trade terms policies, or strategic pack/price resets.
- Developing pack, pricing and promotional plans that leverage consumer insights to balance internal and retailer KPIs and account for competitor strategies.
- Prioritising our commercial spend to ensure that we invest to beat the competition in the highest potential retail growth spaces and within key shopper segments.
- Modelling volume and financial implications of different strategic options
- Leading 3rd party research projects, working with insights & agencies to inform our commercial strategy.
- Executing the annual commercial plan – co-ordinating strategy deployment across functional teams (e.g. sales, finance, marketing) and project manage decision making and execution
Key Skills and Experience:
- Strong academic background - quantitative degree preferred but not essential (Maths/ Science)
- Top-tier consultancy experience, alternatively experience in the consulting arm of a ‘Big 4’ firm, with a high-performance track record – or distinct strategy or RM experience in a CPG business
- Data analytics experience with the ability to extract key messages from complex data
- Stakeholder management experience
- Commercial instinct to understand key business drivers
- Strong strategic & problem solving skills
- High level of numerical and analytical skills essential – strong Excel modelling
- Creating simple solutions & crafting clear communications – excellent PowerPoint
Location: Reading (half an hour from London Paddington).
Many of our existing team commute from London, and PepsiCo has a popular and actively encouraged flexible working policy, which on these roles allows for 1-2 days a week working from home, subject to workload and manager alignment. This currently also includes the discretionary benefit of being able to work longer hours Mon-Thurs to allow a half-day’s work on Friday during the summer months.
Salary/Package: £55k - £65k + bonus + car allowance + flexible benefits including healthcare, a variety of insurance products, discounted gym membership and the ability to buy or sell up to 5 days additional holiday vs. the 25 days contractual allowance (+ bank holidays).
Note: We are not advertising specific roles at this stage, so would ask candidates interested in applying to keep an open mind throughout the process as to whether they are interested in the UK or European team, and we will confirm later in the process and based on release dates from current employment which we believe would be the best fit role for each candidate. Candidates will have the opportunity to meet the leadership of both teams at interview. Of course if you have a firm preference or constraint (e.g. cannot travel internationally) then please make this clear at the outset.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular