Principal Nutrition Scientist
Work for a global company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands.
Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is nurtured.
PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand is home to some of the world’s most trusted brands such as Smith's Chips, Red Rock Deli, Sakata Rice Crackers, Pepsi Max and Gatorade! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
To continue our success we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Principal Nutrition Scientist. This role is a 12 month maternity relief contract. The successful candidate will lead the Nutrition Sciences agenda for the Australia and New Zealand Businesses and support the core portfolio of beverages and snacks, as well as drive nutrition-focused innovation. You will also have the opportunity to represents PepsiCo ANZ externally via science-based communication and engagement with key opinion leaders, policy makers, professional and trade associations, customers, media and consumers.
- Lead the PepsiCo ANZ nutrition agenda
- Identify and implement nutrition strategies for all categories (food and beverage), including new and emerging products and brands.
- Provide science based guidance and briefing to ANZ senior leadership on new and emerging nutrition science issues, health and ingredient trends, nutrition and health policy and current issues and opportunities.
- Develop nutrition guidance that is customized to PepsiCo brands and portfolio.
- Partner with R&D, Marketing and Sales teams to translate nutrition science into compelling claims and communications
- Partner with Corporate Affairs, Legal and Regulatory teams to ensure all product messages are based on sound science and compliant with the local landscape.
- Build and/or strengthen a local network of key opinion leaders, experts and partners. Participate in local professional associations and forums to credibly represent PepsiCo and elevate it’s portfolio.
- Be the authoritative nutrition spokesperson internally and externally for PepsiCo ANZ.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- First Degree or equivalent in a nutrition related discipline
- 6-8 years of experience within the food industry or similar commercially focused environment is required
- Good understanding/appreciation of the broader business and health/nutrition landscape in ANZ.
- Sound technical and commercial knowledge, with proven application in practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively across all levels and all functions of the organization including at a senior level.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to interpret complex data and distil into useful and actionable information.
- Ability to explain complex scientific issues/solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to plan and manage a budget.
- Excellent work-life balance with our flexible office environment
- A competitive remuneration package
- Discounted retail and service benefits through our PepsiCo extras program
Working at PepsiCo:
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported.
We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people, and with our new, state-of-the-art office located in a convenient location close to public transport and parking, we believe this to be an environment where our people thrive.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
PEPSICO’S job application process:
- Submit your application via our website, including a cover letter & resume
- Interview and skills evaluation
- Online Assessment process
- Reference and background checks
Our Commitment is to deliver Sustained Growth through Empowered People acting with Responsibility and Trust.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary