Assistant Manager - Manufacturing
Main Purpose – what is the main objective/purpose of the role?
The main purpose of this role coordinate with manufacturing manager and plant leader ship team to ensure best in class plant operations of south green field project and in operations to ensure
- Improve workplace safety, GMP, TPM, Asset care, MESS compliance, AIB practices, Drive Productivity
- Coordinate resources with other departments to meet production plans.
- Review daily production performance and coordinate with Maintenance for support.
- Anchor TPM activities in production
- Analyze time, energy and yield losses. Implement productivity initiatives related to Production
- Drive high quality people processes in production
Accountabilities – list in priority order the main accountabilities/deliverables of the role, including key measures.
During Project Phase
- Work with OEM to ensure installation and commessioing of equipment
- Drive VSU check list
- Drive CQV process for line equipment
- Material planning for startup.
- Prepare Opeartions SOPs /AM sheets
- Improve workplace safety
- Setup and drive work place safety.
- Lead HAZID for production. Coordinate with maintenance for elimination of unsafe conditions and provision of PPEs.
- Coordinate resources with other departments to meet production plans
- Communicate i2 plans orders with Quality for syrup scheduling, with stores for RM/PM requirements, with HR for NPCI planning and with Maintenance for maintenance planning.
- Analyze i2 gaps and share loss matrix with other functions
- Monitor and analyze line logs
- Review end-of-run daily production report to management
- Lead daily and weekly meetings with the production shift in charge, production officers and associates.
- Manage and evaluate preventive maintenance tasks and change-over
- Implement preventive maintenance production schedule
- Ensure that all GMPs and GHPs related to the industry and specific to PepsiCo India are implemented
- Submit a monthly line performance and analysis report to management
- Shift incharge role when needed
- Anchor TPM activities in production
- Set and monitor targets, action plan of JH circles
- Define AM charts, Drive 5 S,
- Conduct weekly reviews with JH circle leaders
- Anchor activities of KK Pillar
- Analyze time, energy and yield losses. Implement productivity initiatives related to Production.
- Lead problem solving and analysis activities
- Conduct diagnostics of global tools on Capability, Recon
- Formulate training and development programs for the production team
- Document new standards to be used in production
- Drive high quality people processes for Officers in production
- Authorization of shift change, overall shift scheduling for associates & officers
- Activate and provide support for JH circles
- Anchor and oversee capability interventions
- Anchor improvement projects
- On-boarding of Associates and Officers
- Accomplishing the targeted line key performance figures
- Accomplishing production volume within the scheduled time frame
- Accurate screening for the availability of required raw material before each run
- Prevent quality defects
- Cease production in case of quality concerns
- Accurate reporting, data collection and useful analysis
- GMPs & GHPs full compliance
- Effectively managing and communicating with the lines production team
- Properly and swiftly managing and solving problems
- Proper change-over and CIP management
- On-going team development
- Full company rules, regulations and policies compliance
- Manpower productivity
- Production productivity
- Water consumption
- Multi Skill index
- OT reduction
- No of OPLs and Kaizen
- All Injuries, LTIR, ISR
- Stores spare part inventory.
Warehouse storage and dispatches as per norms following SOPs – FMFO(First manufactured first out), stacking as per norms
Job Dimensions – what is the scope of the role – volume, net revenue, budget, geography, number of customers, number of sites etc. for THIS role?
Key Skills/Experience Required – specific education/certification, specific functional experience, language etc Needed for the job.
Experience and Qualification
- B.E. in Mechanical /Electrical /Instrumentation Engineering from Tier 2 institutes with approx. 5-6 years of experience.
- B.E. in Mechanical /Electrical/ Instrumentation Engineering from Tier 1 institutes with approx3-4 years of experience.
- B.E. in Mechanical /Electrical /Instrumentation Engineering from Tier 2 institutes with approx. 4-5 years of experience.
- B.E. in Mechanical /Electrical/ Instrumentation Engineering from Tier 1 institutes with approx. 2-3 years of experience.
Job Type: Regular