Executive - Maintenance
Planner/Scheduler position is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work control processes. He / she is responsible to the Maintenance Manager for the efficient and effective use of planning and scheduling all resources to conduct maintenance activities which result in minimum downtime and maximum productivity. In order to fulfill these responsibilities in the most effective manner, the Planner/Schedule is empowered to manage work priority, develop job plans, define parts and material, define crafts and skills and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan. In addition, the Planner/Scheduler provides the equipment-related expertise and technical guidance on improving Preventive Maintenance activities.
Accountabilities – list in priority order the main accountabilities/deliverables of the role, including key measures.
Key individual to drive TPM activates and success of TPM culture. Planner/Scheduler once a valid work request is submitted will prioritize, plan, schedule and follow –up on accuracy of the job plan for all planned (PM, Pdm and corrective) work. There focus is not only day to day but is to be proactive and optimize workforce productivity and minimize plant downtime by managing work 2 weeks to 1 month in advance. In performance of these duties the planner/scheduler has the following responsibilities:
- Principle contact and liaison between the maintenance department and operation planning. They ensure the area, department or facility in which they are assigned receive professional maintenance service in a timely manner to ensure high equipment availability and performance.
- Review all planned work request from assigned area and determine validity and accuracy of information and engage the appropriate resources to set a preliminary priority.
- Reviews work request for accuracy and clarity: clear scope of work, realistic completion date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper charge number (if applicable), proper authorization, and discuss details with originator of the work order.
- Identifies work requiring engineering design and reviews them with engineering.
- Escalates issues to the Maintenance and asset care Manager for work which does not appear to be valid or costly.
- Review the work to be performed and determine the best way to accomplish the work. They will consult with Leads, Supervisors, Originator, Production Supervisors, Planner/Schedule and Stores as necessary.
- Obtain and organize all information required for the crafts to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, and other file material which is appropriate. Supplement this information by preparing any additional sketches, drawings, diagrams, notes, or any instructional material which will clarify the work to be performed
- Identifies and secures all parts and material required to complete the work by providing stores a Bill of Material for the work order and any special kitting instructions.
- Work with Stores to manage spare part usage to maximize turns but minimize risk of using critical spares.
- Approach all aspect of the work being performed with safety as the highest priority.
- Provide job estimates based on craft or skills required, sequence required and number required.
- Determine and identify any vendor delivered service for the work order. (i.e., contract vibration service or alignment service)
- Provide a total cost estimate for the work to be performed: labor, material, and outside services.
- Manage the status of work control and backlog for work order submission to work order completion. Status may include: waiting for planning, waiting parts, ready to schedule, scheduled, etc.
- Verifies all material, information, tools and Labor are available prior to scheduling.
- Works with Maintenance leads, supervisors and planners to determine resource availability and work to level the work force.
- Develops a preliminary workforce schedule by crew ensuring all skills requirement and resource availability is met.
- Actively participate in scheduling meeting with operation partners to finalize priority of work orders, optimum downtime windows, and necessary lead times.
- Finalize the Maintenance resource schedule based on agreed plan with production.
- Follow up and communicates schedule to all resources: maintenance, production, outside services, stores and engineering.
- Issue scheduled work orders with job plan orders to supervisors.
- Address any questions about the job plan orders.
- Follow up with supervisors and lead to ensure that completed work job orders are turned in with improvement comments in a timely fashion.
- Updates Job orders as required for the files.
- Manage a backlog of work orders which require major or significant portion of the facility to be shutdown.
- Continuously improves the job estimate, planning and scheduling by receiving feedback from maintenance supervisors, maintenance leads, production supervisors, engineers and production planners.
- Keep accurate metrics on the performance of planning and scheduling functions and provide timely reports to the Maintenance manager.
- Driving SOPs compliance in stores processes
- Control on receipt of material
- Interact with other functions in plant & ensure support to Business & operation team and ensure nil delays due to issues in GRNs.
- Drive TPM Implementation & Sustenance
- Drive Implementation of Best Practices from other location like Bin Card systems etc.
- Drive Safety agenda in Storage area & loading / unloading process
- Track material movement from vendor to plant
- Work with production team and OEm to minimize inventory
- Ensure Stock valuation , tagging and accuracy
Performance of the Maintenance Lead Technician in meeting identified responsibilities is evaluated on the following measures:
- Schedule compliance: Jobs worked and completed as scheduled
- Planning compliance: accuracy of information, estimate of labor and material.
- Reduction in emergency call hours to planned work hours.
- Improvement in MTBF.
- Improvement in Labor effectiveness or increase of value added activities: Work sampling
- Relationship with operating and maintenance partners.
- Timely distribution of metrics and reports
Key Skills/Experience Required – specific education/certification, specific functional experience, language etc NEEDED for the job.
Experience and Qualification
Diploma/ B.Tech., Mechanical /electrical/instrumentation with at least 4-6 year of experience preferably in FMCG environment
Job Type: Regular