Associate Category Manager - Dollar General (Beverages)
Demand Xcelerator is a new team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Xcelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
This Category Management Associate Manager position reports to Sr Category Manager based in Nashville, TN. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide mid-level leadership in the application of analytics and syndicated data to drive actionable insight for Dollar General’s Beverage Business. This person will be accountable for assessing and analyzing business performance to identify opportunities, develop strategic business priorities and drive to commercialize solutions. This person will be experienced at integrating relevant knowledge for maximum insight with the ability to translate into actionable recommendations.
- Manage and leverage multiple data sources (e.g. IRI, 1010, InfoScout, Market Track, RSi, etc.)) to monitor and diagnose brand & business issues, identify information needs, and make actionable recommendations
- Leverage data and insights to develop optimized space and assortment strategies, then work with Demand Xcelerator partners to build planograms
- Proactively support the annual situation assessments for PepsiCo Beverage portfolio. Present learnings and insights as a basis for strategic decision making and planning across marketing initiatives, strategic business plan and annual operating plan development
- Leverage analytics and insights to enable better decisions on ad hoc business actions
- Manage weekly/monthly reporting using multiple data sources
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide key insights to drive strategy and growth
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant insights and analytic experience with a consumer packaged goods company or syndicated data vendor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with ability to translate complex data into actionable insights
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate across all levels in the organization in a motivating, influencing manner
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal partners to drive results and leverage best in class insights and tools
- Ability to manage and work with cross-functional teams
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects at once and able to prioritize and adapt quickly
- Requires a high level of analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills as well as great attention to detail
- Must be proficient with PowerPoint and Excel, and able to utilize v-lookups, pivot tables and other critical formulas in Excel
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment and collaboratively across multiple functions
- Strong personal motivation and ability to effectively work independently
- Solid understanding of shopper insights and panel data preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement