Material Planning Supervisor
We are now recruiting a Purchasing Supervisor to join our Supply Chain team in Little Island, Cork on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The purpose of this role is to manage a portfolio of items ensuring the availability of raw materials within budget and within timelines required to support customers’ requirements, meeting defined KPIs and supervising the daily activities of the material planning function.
- Lead and develop the Materials team by providing clear direction, setting agreed performance expectations and results ,creating a positive team environment , providing coaching and development of team members.
- Drive Inventory levels in line with PGCS working capital objectives , reviewing and maintaining MOQ, Safety Stock, Order Policies and management of exception messaging . Minimize risk of obsolescence with tight control of MOQ and proactive analysis of demand variations on supply.
- Manage a portfolio of items ensuring accurate response to MRP signal and work with suppliers and carriers ensuring efficient delivery of materials.
- Proactively identify and escalate issues with end to end supply chain which will impact on customer service levels.
- Work cross functionally with supply chain , procurement , quality and operations to achieve operating targets and drive issue resolution.
- Develop, maintain and analyse a comprehensive suite of KPI’s to monitor performance and ensure targets are achieved.
- Manage freight carriers and control tower relationships driving process improvements and ensure adherence to financial plan.
- Drive a productivity agenda across the team by identifying and removing non added value steps
- Ensure an efficient and effective process across the team to support the successful introduction of new products.
- Assist with the development and implementation of department standards, practices, procedures and policies and ensure the accuracy of records.
- Support the development and implementation of organisation health initiatives within the Planning and Inventory department and across the broader Supply Chain.
- Meet all internal & external compliance responsibilities.
- Adhere to all PepsiCo Health & Safety requirements.
- Strong operational experience in a dynamic multinational organization, with specific materials management experience.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to problem solve and make quick decisions.
- Be capable of working effectively in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks, with strong attention to detail.
- Results orientated and commitment to achieving objectives; Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent customer awareness and customer focus.
- Proven experience of managing and developing a team. Ability to organize, manage and motivate teams in a dynamic environment.
- Third level qualification in Supply Chain or related discipline.
- Experience in use of SAP
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Purchasing Supervisor. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be SC Plng Supervisor.
Job Type: Regular