Street Address: United States - NY - White Plains - 150 Airport Rd - 10604-1219
- The Line Technician reports to the base Manager of Aircraft Maintenance.
- Responsible for aircraft handling and passenger service.
- Monitors work performed by aircraft cleaning service.
- Independently seeks out building maintenance projects to be performed throughout the facility.
- Maintains and repairs department facilities and equipment.
- When other accountabilities have been completed, assists Aircraft Technicians in maintaining Company aircraft, under their direct supervision and control.
- Handles arrivals and departures of PepsiCo and transient aircraft. Blocks in and blocks out aircraft, meets and greets passengers, handles passenger bags, marshals, tows, and secures aircraft on the ramp or in the hangar
- Directly monitors the work performed by aircraft cleaning service and acts as a liaison between cleaning service and Maintenance Department. Routinely inspects aircraft to ensure that aircraft stock is maintained, including checking for expired product, and ensuring aircraft cleanliness is kept to the highest standards
- Performs the maintenance and upkeep of the hangar facility. Performs hangar maintenance in-house, when possible. When directed by the Manager of Aircraft Maintenance, calls in outside contractors and directly supervises their work
- Inspects and maintains the equipment used by the Line and Maintenance Technicians (tug, Lektro, tow bars, floor cleaner, golf cart, scissor-lift, deicer, Company van, lifting platforms, etc.) Performs maintenance in-house, when possible. When directed by the Manager of Aircraft Maintenance, calls in outside contractors and directly supervises their work
- Works with the aircraft cleaning service to maintain the inventory levels of supplies carried onboard PepsiCo aircraft, and reorders supplies when necessary
- Keeps hangar facility clean and well organized
- When necessary, cleans aircraft interiors and restocks the aircraft cabin between trips
- When necessary, cleans exteriors of aircraft, as required
- When other duties have been completed, assists Aircraft Technicians in maintaining Company aircraft, under their direct supervision and control
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Manager of Aircraft Maintenance
- Previous experience as a line technician (preferred)
- Certified FAA Airframe and Powerplant Technician (preferred)
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the PepsiCo Aviation Department Policies and Procedures Manual
- Proficiency in people skills when interacting with others, both inside and outside the department
- Ability to communicate well with others—both conversationally, and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Can work independently and resolve problems while under time pressure
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and/or holidays, as determined by aircraft schedules
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement