PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Reporting to the HR Director, the Human Resources Manager for the Alberta Region will play a leadership role within the Alberta team, providing business partnership to key leaders for both the Go-to-Market and Supply Chain teams. The position can be based in Calgary or Edmonton. This position will have one direct report, an HR Representative working in the Calgary Location. The ideal candidate is a business savvy, well-rounded HR professional who possesses strong communication and prioritization skills, and has Employee/Labour Relations experience.
In this role, you will:
- Provide leadership, coaching and support personal development for the HR Rep, reporting into the HR Manager role
- Responsible for all aspects of the People Agenda for the Alberta team including;
- Developing the Talent Strategy; managing performance, leadership development, succession planning, and recruitment
- Providing coaching and guidance to Managers to enhance their leadership & employee/labour relations skills
- Building a culture that embraces change through effective change management in partnership with key leaders in the organization
- Providing both strategic and tactical employee relations leadership for both unionized and non-unionized workforces; including collective bargaining negotiations, grievance procedures and overall administration of the CBA
- Support and guide team regarding Company policies, HR programs administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and in a timely manner
- Ensure activities are in compliance with all provincial and federal employment laws and regulations (ie. ESA, Human Rights, Ministry of Labour)
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Business or Human Resources
- 7+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner/HR Generalist managing frontline associates
- Change management expertise, specifically managing change within a large organization
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence the decision-making process at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal) and able to effectively present to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently
- Demonstrated proficiency with systems: Excel, Power Point + experience with applicable HR Systems (HRIS, Recruitment Software, Succession Planning tools etc.)
- Some business travel required within Alberta
Job Type: Regular