Control and Information Systems Manager
PepsiCo is looking for a Control and Information Systems Manager to join our Central Tech Services team based in Leicester.
The main purpose of this role is to provide engineering technical leadership within the Central Tech Services Design Centre of Excellence for Control and Information Systems, supporting and governing the strategy and standards. Work closely with all CTS functions, sites, global teams and IT in the evaluation, definition and implementation of control systems and MES applications. Work effectively at different levels with customers (VOC) and other functions to assist in the definition of business needs. Work in a team to define system scope, sizing, system/operational and integration requirements, supporting project capex estimations and execution methodology.
- Design, develop and implement strategic Control, APC, SCADA and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) initiatives across ESSA food manufacturing sites, identifying and deploying the most effective technology standard solution components to meet business requirements.
- Through the ownership of standards, and by directing programming, testing procedures and documentation, ensure the quality assurance of all major site implemented PLC Control, SCADA and MES systems, including compliance to legislation and safety.
- Manage and execute major Control, SCADA and MES projects across ESSA
- Specify improvements and upgrades for the hardware and software systems to maintain the investments, increase efficiency, and ensure lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
- Ensure capability is built into site and central functions to support and sustain the critical systems, and provide technical support resource as required.
- Develop vendor partnerships within the supplier group to ensure all systems are designed and installed to standard, performance is delivered to the required and specified levels and costs are competitive and value add.
- Support the technical input to the C&IS Innovation Agenda, liaising with Global Ops, R&D, TPG and IT, to define the advances in Global strategic direction
- Qualified to degree level and/or Chartered Engineer status
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of
- PLC and Safety PLC systems – Rockwell expertise is essential
- SCADA systems and Historians – Wonderware InTouch/System Platform and GEProficy is essential
- Multivariable Control Tools – QuickStudy APC is essential
- Server and network infrastructures – Windows Operating Systems and security
- MSSQLServer database design and SQL programming
- Electrical panels, motor circuits and instrumentation
- Wide-ranging knowledge of manufacturing equipment, snack food processes and applications.
- Knowledge of Lean principles, OEE, Quality and Statistical Process Control
- Experience of developing and managing computer software applications, control systems and networks in a 24x7 FMCG operating environment.
- Proven track record in multi-discipline control and I.T. system project management
This role comes with a competitive salary and range of flexible benefits (including bonus, company car and private healthcare).
Posting date: 06 November 2018
Closing date: 03 December 2018Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline