Senior Scientist, Sensory and Consumer Product Insights
Street Address: United States - IL - Barrington - 515 West Main Street - 60010
- Lead sensory and consumer research to support innovation, brand stewardship, productivity and discovery research initiatives. Work in partnership with R&D, business teams, Strategic Insights and suppliers to design and lead appropriate research to build learning, advance product knowledge and meet the business objectives
- Design compelling research plans, determine appropriate research methodologies, coordinate tests, analyze and interpret experimental data, provide technical recommendations. Deliver results orally, and with written reports to enable clear product, process and pack design decisions
- Develop new tools, approaches, methods and points of view to enable faster and more informed R&D decisions
- Be a driving influence to communicate value of qualitative and quantitative research. Elevate SCPI capability and output in the area of sensory (trained panels, discrimination panels) and consumer product research
- MS or Ph.D.: Major in Food Science (thesis in Sensory)
- 2+ years experience desirable in a Sensory & Consumer Research position in a major consumer packaged goods company, preferably in food or beverage product development.
- Ability to consult and work with cross functional teams, translate business objectives to research objectives, to interpret complex data and relate impact on the business
- Proven ability to design, analyze and interpret sensory and consumer findings into implications and actionable results that refine product, brand and business strategies.
- Expert knowledge of discrimination, descriptive and consumer test methods
- Deep experience in quantitative and qualitative consumer research for new products – experience with automated sensory data collection systems and the area of Fuzzy Front End methods, a plus
- Ability to apply experimental design and multivariate statistics to sensory research, preferably with proven skills in Excel, R, SAS and/or Minitab.
- Working knowledge of market research tools and techniques
- Ability to independently lead and manage multiple (5+) projects
- Travel: Less than 10%
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement