R & D Nutrition Science - Post Doc
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
As a Nutrition Science Post Doc Intern with PepsiCo, you will have unique opportunities to participate in the development of a diverse portfolio of beverage products. The R&D teams translate strategic market objectives into new products, claims and processes, optimize designs per consumer response and select winning ideas for commercialization. The Beverages Nutrition Science team specifically supports the implementation of nutrition strategies for PepsiCo, develops product guidance, translates nutrition science into product renovation and innovation, promotes nutrition communication opportunities, and develops/executes research strategies in support of beverages.
What you can expect:
- 2 year post-doctoral opportunity in New York (Purchase) office
- Provide nutrition science translation to global business partners and other corporation functions to enable portfolio innovation and transformation
- Actively engage with R&D teams to promote nutrition opportunities that differentiate PepsiCo products
- Effectively leverage existing and emerging nutrition science to provide science based solutions
- Represent PepsiCo externally at conferences and industry events
What we’re looking for:
- Specific expertise in the area of low calorie sweeteners and/or sweetness.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of human nutrition, nutrient requirements and recommendations, scientific information gathering, synthesis, and communication, and clinical study interpretation.
- Proven communication skills with strong ability to translate nutrition science for both technical and non-technical partners.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Must hold a PhD degree prior to intended full time start date
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement