Automation and Intelligence Engineer - Frito Lay
Street Address: United States - TX - Plano - 5340 Legacy Dr - 75024-3121
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better! Our ideal Automation and Intelligence Engineer will:
- Utilize Engineering first principles, scientific methods, and Controls systems knowledge to develop technical process equipment solutions that both create new business opportunities and solve existing equipment needs.
- Partner externally with key food processing equipment vendors, universities, technical consulting individuals/companies to create and prove new Controls systems and technologies enabling a robust pipeline.
- Design and execute experiments, analyze and interpret data, and make sound technical recommendations on new process equipment, technologies, and Controls strategies
- Lead cross-functional process, electrical, controls, IT, and equipment design reviews
- Develop next generation Controls strategies for existing major processing lines supporting existing Snacks portfolio
- Develop Electrical Controls Specifications and Description of Operations documentation
- Apply sound project management skills to set and maintain timelines, budgets, staffing requirements, etc.
- Develop basic economic evaluations for new processes
- Participate as R&D representative in various internal R&D team (function, region) and cross functional business development teams including Ops, Engineering, Procurement, etc.
- Presentation of project progress to various internal teams and decision bodies, including managers up to Band 2
- BS in Electrical, Computer, or Chemical Engineering. MS or PhD preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in manufacturing industries with a strong focus on automation & controls design
- Proven ability to solve problems / design solutions based on fundamental engineering principles
- Experience in system level validation testing/problem solving techniques
- Practical knowledge of HMI platforms (Rockwall, WonderWare, GE Proficy or similar)
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as MODBUS, Ethernet IP, etc.
- Familiarity with PLC Programming (RSLogix, Allen Bradley)
- In-depth analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information and action plans
- Must work well in a team environment and demonstrate strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to lead multiple projects and work streams at the same time
- Must be willing to travel 20-30% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement