Health & Safety Coordinator
The EHS Coordinator is responsible for supporting the EHS Manager in the implementation and operation of the organization’s EHS management system for the Site.
Safety Expert, Advocate and Ambassador
- Remain current on EHS regulatory requirements and technical issues, and use relevant information to implement programs, achieve compliance, and minimize risks.
- Demonstrate an excellent environmental and safety behaviour and attitude, follow regulatory practices and rules, recognize and promotes hazard and risk reporting, and ensure effective reporting.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and then manage the implementation and ongoing operation of corporate driven EHS programs.
- Execute regulatory and EHS leadership training for all employees.
- Maintain up-to-date records.
Strong Leadership Skills
- Model and promote an organizational culture that fosters positive EHS behaviours and practices through effective leadership at all levels.
- Support the execution of PFC’s EHS Strategy to deliver sustainable results.
- Support the implementation of PepsiCo’s Global Management System (GEHSMS) at all levels.
- Conduct Hazard and Risk Assessments to proactively identify areas of opportunity and develop and implement actions to eliminate or mitigate the hazards and risks within the organization.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and EHS policies and standards within the business units.
- Support the implementation of annual health and safety compliance goals and targets for all levels.
- Analyze technical data for trends related to hazards, events and occurrences.
- Effectively utilize applicable processes and procedures to fulfill roles and responsibilities.
Continuous Improvement Focus
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the hazard identification and safety risk assessment schemes and the organization’s EHS Management System (GEHSMS).
- Prepare and make recommendations with respect to the EHS Annual Budget for the Site.
- Investigate opportunities to increase the efficiency of processes.
- Measure the effectiveness and seeks to continually improve the quality of processes.
- Provide, coordinate, and evaluate the effectiveness of the employee health and safety training and education programs, including auditing against OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards, health and safety training and orientation for new employees, subject matter experts, and line management.
Strong Communication Skills
- Act as an information conduit to bring EHS issues to the attention of management and to deliver EHS information to the organization’s staff, contractors and stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate and influence in order to successfully action the EHS Agenda.
- Provide and articulate information regarding EHS issues within the organization.
- Gather and report data on EHS performance, compliance, and significant incidents. Keep management apprised of status, trends, and progress compared to goals.
Solid Team Player
- Builds and maintains strong working relationship with both the Site Business Team and the National Safety Team, identifying and sharing best practices and leveraging strengths across Canada.
This job supports the EHS performance within a Site which impacts WCB premium rates as well as discount/surcharge programs within the Province(s)/Area. They are responsible for ensuring that the business unit is duly diligent in the administration of EHS programs and employees are properly trained and supervised before starting work. The financial impact of a safety violation or significant employee injury could have large negative financial impact on the organization as well as put Sr. Leadership at risk for criminal prosecution.
- Leadership skills – Ability to influence and take others with you
- Collaboration – Partnering with stakeholders in decision-making
- 1-3 years working in an EHS capacity – preferred and/or related education/certificate
- Post Secondary education in a related field
- Business Acumen – good analytical skills, communicating the WIFM, ROI
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Computer skills – developing charts & reports in Excel, PowerPoint presentations
#LI-CDNFoodsRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular