National Local Key Account
Develop and evolve Customer strategic and tactical plans:
- Customer analysis reviewing previous plan and performance with key conclusions.
- Develop Customer specific plans that cover overall strategy, specific goals and tactics for range, merchandising, promotions, pricing, service and distribution.
- Clear volume & profit (latter as appropriate) phased goals by brand by account.
- Build a plan detailing the planned presentation, agreement and implementation of all elements of the Customer plan
Execution Of Customer Plan:
- Appropriate levels of written, verbal and face to face communication with the Customer
- Presentation, negotiation, implementation and evaluation of targeted plans for range, merchandising, promotions, pricing, service, and distribution together with development of corrective action plans to mitigate risks
Develop a productive business to business relationship with the Customer.
- Build and log a clear understanding of the Customer structure, roles and individuals.
- Periodical visits to the customer to develop a trust based, mutually beneficial relationship at the all appropriate points of interaction.
- One major business review with all Customers key personnel. Quarterly business reviews with primary contact (Buyers).
- Consistently high Customer service: same day response time; prioritisation and solving of Customer ‘issues’ within agreed time frames.
- To an appropriate level, have a clear understanding of how the customer makes key decisions, who owns/influences/implements them and built relationships with key personnel as a result. As appropriate, facilitate multi-functional relationships between the customer and the company to influence key decisions.
Building internal multi-functional alignment to the Account to achieve volume / profit goals:
- Within the specific Account plan, work with line manager to focus the required internal resources against specific goals
- Trade Marketing/Category management/Finance
Build an Account budget and gain agreement to it, to deliver Customer specific plans at the desired profitability.
- Develop, present and monitor deployment of Customer promotional activities
- Closely monitor promotional costs and other D&A related costs per Account, and regularly review D&A performance with Line Manager and Revenue Manger
- Support communication and commitment building within field support teams
- Maintain an Account file that represents the current situation within the Account in terms of the key sales drivers.
- Build and keep updated store database for the Account.
- Provide desired level of forecasting for company production planning.
- Complete all Customer administration as required (eg. Promotional proposals, product files etc)
- Weekly store visits to validate compliance to Account plans.
- Continually updated budget with exact status on every activity / invoice.
- Evaluation of all key Customer activities within the plan (eg. Promotions)
- Education: University degree, preferably economics / business management
- 3-5 years functional experience.
- Functional Experience
- Language: Excellent command of written & spoken English
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
Job Type: Regular