Logistics Shift Operations Manager
Street Address: United Kingdom - Leicestershire - Leicester - Bursom Industrial Estate,Leycroft Road - LE41ET
PepsiCo is looking for a high calibre Logistics Shift Operations Manager to join our busy distribution team in Leicester.
This role is based at our Southern Region Distribution Centre (SRDC). The SRDC is our largest distribution site in the UK. We distribute the bulk of our own products and the SRDC makes this possible by working closely with our manufacturing and supply chain teams. If we’re not operating efficiently then our customers won’t find our great range of products on the supermarket shelves…which definitely isn’t good for business!
In this role you’ll be the single point of ‘end to end’ logistics operational leadership for our Front Line teams and support staff across Warehouse and Transport. The role holder will be responsible for managing all shift related issues as well as driving opportunities for future improvements to deliver a balanced scorecard across Cost, Service, Safety, and People.
What you’ll get up to:
- Support the development and lead the execution of the logistics strategy and annual priorities for the SRDC.
- Be responsible for the delivery of a balanced scorecard across Cost, Service, Safety and People.
- Deliver financial AOP targets and identify above plan opportunities to deliver financial gain.
- Support the delivery of on time in full (OTIF) inbound service performance to all accounts.
- Drive the improvement of network execution errors, striving for inbound excellence.
- Balance competing priorities of service execution with the organisational change agenda, supporting initiatives/projects when identified.
- Deploy a defined people strategy to drive positive employee morale, strong front line capability and a KPI / continuous improvement culture. Demonstrate personal leadership on the people agenda through delivery of inspiring employee communication and building strong involvement mechanisms.
- Ensure we have a safe working environment for all employees, achieving above industry norms performance via compliance to internal strategy and legislative requirements. Inclusive of Incident and regulatory visit controller.
- A key member of the Site Senior Leadership Team – influencing the broader site agenda and ensuring consistency of approach / best practice development across the Operations agenda.
- Responsible for Crisis Management with the ability to make decisions in complex, high pressure environments.
What we’re looking for:
- You’ll need to be an experienced highly customer focused Logistics/Operations Manager from a retail/FMCG environment.
- Educated to degree level or of degree calibre.
- Have experience with delivering cost management processes, be adaptable to the changing needs of a challenging market place and be able to deliver innovation in a fast paced operation.
- Have demonstrated leadership, communication, influencing, analytical skills and effective stakeholder management.
- Possess well developed managerial skills with demonstrated evidence of large people management experience.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the Working Time Directive including Health & Safety at work.
- Demonstrable evidence of effective Crisis Management with experience of making decisions in complex, high pressure environments.
- Experienced in dealing with working groups/trade unions.
- CPC Qualified (preferable).
- H+S Qualification i.e. NEBOSH Certificate (preferable).
This role comes with a range of flexible benefits, and a competitive base salary, plus a shift premium of 23.5%.
You’ll be working a continental shift (12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights).
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for seven years in a row!
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular