General Support Operator - Coventry (Permanent)
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Here at our Coventry Manufacturing site we specialise in everyday favourites such as Doritos, Sunbites, French Fries, Wotsits, Squares & Monster Munch. Do you want to work in a Company that has a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love?
We are recruiting a number of General Support Operatives (GSOs) on a full time & permanent basis (48 hours per week guaranteed) to become an integral part of our operation; in your role as GSO, you will be working a fully rotational continental shift pattern (rotating between days & nights) supporting our GOs (General Operatives) across the plant, undertaking a variety of crucial tasks to maintain our high standards. There is an established progression route, giving you the opportunity and training to move up to GO level.
What will I be doing?
- Stock loading including hand-stacking and hand-packing
- Taking ownership of high safety, hygiene and housekeeping standards
- Responsible for effective waste management
- Delivering support to GOs and covering colleagues when necessary
- Understanding and interpreting numerical data
- Confidently communicating verbally and in written form
What We Offer
PepsiCo are committed to the development of its people. You will receive training and will be supported during your probationary period to achieve the required standard. Those with the potential to develop will have the opportunity to progress. We are looking to have a huge investment in the recruitment of our site next year, which also involves internal promotions which we actively encourage. For those looking to progress within their career from the GSO role, the next step up is a General Operator role.
Our culture at PepsiCo is very inclusive. We are committed to the local community and the environment via our corporate & social responsibility and our Performance with Purpose pledge. We regularly recognise and reward those individuals who go above and beyond in their role.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised canteen (operates 24/7 & caters for a variety of dietary requirements)
- Staff-discount shop
- Local reward & recognition scheme
- Free onsite parking
- All uniform & PPE provided by the business
Salary & benefits
- £8.50 per hour (reviewed annually)
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
No relevant experience requiredRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline