SC Quality Food Safety Manager
The SC Quality Food Safety Manager will evolve our long-term food safety and quality strategy to ensure PepsiCo stays at the cutting edge of deploying food safety prevention strategies.
- Build and sustain strong partnering relationships across the PepsiCo Supply Chain and externally with key food safety leadership organizations
- Develop and implement strategies and programs to mitigate food safety risks across the PepsiCo supply chain. This includes ensuring that customer requirements and regulatory changes are appropriately reflected in these programs to strengthen compliance.
- Raises the profile of food safety across the system and ensuring food safety is embedded in the culture of the organization
- Develop and maintain strong connections with external food safety associations, and industry experts to continually improve expertise for the changing landscape (regulatory, analytical, etc.)
- Anticipate future needs of the business
- Provide technical support to supply chain quality in handling food safety issues, sharing best practices, and enabling compliance to requirements
- A key participant on our incident management team to ensure we mitigate any potential food safety gaps
- Evaluates food safety incidences to identify potential trends within our supply chain and uses this information to proactively improve and strengthen our current processes
- Plans, promotes, organizes, and provides multi-plant food safety and GMP training activities
- The SCQFS Manager provides necessary training materials to our plant and supply chain personnel on Quality and Food Safety topics when required
- Prepare management reports and be the point of contact for developing and validating KPI’s for the function.
- Drive the implementation of NAB Food Safety standards
- Ensuring regulatory compliance (FDA, Juice HACCP) and the production of safe, quality, and wholesome food.
- The SCQFS Manager is “hands on manager” that must leverage their strong interpersonal skills to bring together cross functional teams to achieve overall food safety objectives. The successful candidate must demonstrate a passion for ensuring that each aspect of the food supply chain is equipped with necessary knowledge and authority to ensure preventive actions are established to ensure Food Safety
This role has the overall accountability of ensuring the food safety system is properly written, validated, documented and implemented as directed to ensure FDA regulatory compliance and the production of safe and wholesome products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Food Sciences, Microbiology, Science, Engineering or related fields
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 15+ years of related food / beverage experience
- HACCP Certification
- PCQI Lead Instructor (preferred)
Required Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of beverage manufacturing processes: These include emulsification, blending solids, blending liquids or juices, carbonation, filling, water treatment, packaging, cleaning and sanitation technologies.
- Food Safety: Ability to understand physical, chemical and microbiological causes of food and water contamination and design strategies to address these risks to company products. Knowledge of various pathogens and microbes associated with food production.
- Thermal Processing: Knowledge of a variety of disciplines such as aseptic processing and validation, engineering, mathematics, food technology, chemistry, physics
- Regulations: Solid knowledge in FDA low acid and acidified food regulations.
- Quality Assurance Principles: Knowledge and application of quality principles to detect and correct non-conforming materials or processes using modern quality problem-solving tools.
- Dairy: Knowledge / Understanding of dairy ingredients, supply chain, processing, regulatory requirements, microbiology and technologies.
- Expert understanding of applicable food regulations; FSMA, cGMP, HACCP, and Food Safety Standards in accordance with FDA, USDA, CFIA, etc.
- Extensive experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining HACCP, Food Safety Plans, SSOP’s, and SOP’s in food manufacturing environments.
- Strong auditing and assessment skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to drive change
- Ability to lead cross functional teams, engage, motivate, and develop others
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in planning and implementing multiple projects and assignments
- Relevant experience with GFSI standards and deployment of globally accepted quality and food safety systems
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement