Global R & D Product Development Leader
How do you get athletes and exercisers to play harder and perform better for longer amounts of time? How do you lower salt by 25 to 50 percent without taking away the taste people love? How do you balance biological needs with cultural wants, while minimizing impacts to local ecosystems? At PepsiCo, we're rethinking research and development to look beyond flavor, color and intensity of taste. As we study and understand how the body metabolizes foods and beverages, we're designing convenience products that make it easier for consumers to lead healthier lifestyles. Our global team of scientists, engineers, and quality professionals are working to develop new products that can improve people's diets and their lives. Join our team of experts who use the most advance technologies and scientific methods with the purpose of improving lives every day.
As an R&D Product Development Manager with PepsiCo you will be responsible to lead International Sports Nutrition R&D Innovation within the Gatorade Sports Fuel & Hydration category that are consistent with the Gatorade International business growth objectives for the regions of Canada, ESSA, EER, China, APAC, and IMENA. In addition, this position will lead the product development programs for mainly refresh Sports Nutrition innovation from concept through commercialization and ensure that R&D product development objectives and plans are aligned cross functionally. Provide on-going leadership in developing AOP & PSP in collaboration with other R&D functions (GSSI, Gatorade NA PD, PGCS, Marketing, Sensory, etc.) and bring an enterprise perspective to balance short/long term priorities.
- Lead the development of new products that meet project deliverables, leveraging sound technical approaches and meet agreed upon action standards
- Applies deep technical knowledge and expertise to build new product development programs, and design, execute and interpret complex data in comprehensive procedures/processes/experiments
- Sound understanding of Concentrate model (PGCS) to enable new product development and commercialization.
- Proactively mitigates risks ensuring smooth execution by applying learnings from different experiences; communicates recommendations to Sr. Management
- Build and share technical capabilities for the organization leveraging internal and/or external expertise.
- Supports and influences the creation or improvement of R&D relevant processes to enhance efficiency
- Demonstrates resiliency when presented with significant and unexpected challenges
- Mentors, coaches, and provides candid feedback to others in order to increase their current performance, capabilities, and readiness for future roles while inspiring their team to accomplish higher goals
- Focuses team on right priorities and aligns the team to achieve the shared International Gatorade business vision & objectives for assigned markets
- Builds a collaborative team climate by identifying common goals, norms and key interdependencies required to achieve shared objectives. Acts in ways that create a trusting environment where delivering on commitments is a fundamental norm
- Ensures the team is delivering against the most appropriate and relevant strategic priorities and challenges those that may have less impact
- Encourage associates to actively share the barriers at work that they may be facing so that they can help remove them
- Gatorade International, 2 direct reports
- BS with 10+ yrs or M.S. with 8+ yrs product design experience in a consumer products company with a proven track record in new product development & commercialization
- Proven experience in a Food, Beverage or Pharma development
- Ability to provide thought leadership on both strategic and tactical aspects for new product development & commercialization. Ability to analyze and communicate implications of emerging local & global consumer trends
- Proven track record in maintaining good working relationship to coordinate/influence outcomes with cross functional business partners (Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales, Insights, Sensory, Quality, Food Safety, etc.)
- Outstanding teamwork, leadership, and communication skills (verbal and written), effective communicator to all levels of the organization
- Ideal candidate will have a strong track record of Beverage & Foods benchtop development skills and demonstrates the ability to be successful in an R&D leadership role
- Awareness and adaptability to cultural nuances and environments impacting project deliverables
- Timely support of meetings and communication across time zones that require schedule flexibility
- 25% travel expected with ability to travel internationally as needed
- NO Relocation Assistance Available for this role
- Internal candidates with working knowledge and understanding of working with the PGCS Concentrate Model highly preferred.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement