Who are we?
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
PepsiCo is an Employer of Choice:
* Opportunity to work for a Tier 1 global organization company with Billion Dollar Brands
* One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
* We take people development seriously offering career growth opportunities through robust full cycle career planning, talent development programs, challenging and rewarding assignments nationally and internationally
* Work within a fast paced ever evolving business, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
* Participation in our competitive Total Rewards Program
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE - PepsiCo Foods Canada - Ottawa
If you’re hungry for a challenge and have a taste for working with people, then we would like to meet you! We’re looking for an energetic, enterprising and independent individual to join Canada’s largest sales team a as a Frito Lay Route Sales Representative.
You will develop and sustain a growing snack foods business and leverage your current skills by selling, delivering and marketing our products to your assigned group of retail customers. Your responsibilities will include:
Selling and Developing the Business
- Identifying changing customer needs through a constant review of the highest selling products and frequent communication with store managers.
- Developing all assigned accounts relative to sales volume, market share, product distribution, space allocation and customer service objectives.
- Selling and executing national and local promotions, soliciting placement of incremental marketing equipment, displays, racks and selling sufficient product inventory for customer volume demands.
- Managing inventory according to PepsiCo Foods Canada best practices to ensure balanced accounts and fresh products for customers and consumers.
- Executing hands on activities with excellence, including but not limited to managing product placement on shelves, increasing shelf facings and racks, handling carton returns, managing inventory movement and cleaning shelving and racks.
- Operating a Route Sales Truck including loading and unloading of product, OR operating a personal vehicle along an established route.
- Great with people and excellent communication skills
- Previous sales experience with a consumer packaged goods or retail organization preferred
- Valid driver’s license and a flawless driving record
- Outstanding organizational skills (as demonstrated by your ability to handle multiple priorities, problem solve, and meet deadlines or targets)
- High School diploma required. University/College education is an asset
If sales is your strength, and you are eager to learn a world-class business and represent some of Canada’s most loved brands like Lay’s, Doritos and Tostitos, then this might be the career for you! PepsiCo Foods Canada has a lot to offer including competitive wages, full benefits and pension, RRSP matching and four weeks of paid training.
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular