HQ Planning Analyst (Europe Sector HQ) has direct ownership of the full Planning/Forecasting & Reporting cycle and Financial results of 2-3 Functions of Europe Sector Headquarters (budget is up to $60mm). The role is also responsible for supporting Planning /Forecasting of the larger Europe Sector Headquarters Business Unit (~$600mm). In addition, the (Analyst) role also holds responsibility over supporting the maintenance of the Cognos TM1 Planning/Forecasting tool with data loading, (Opex), and issuing timely management reporting.
This role is part of the larger Europe Sector Headquarters Finance and Europe Sector FP&A teams. This position interacts with a diverse customer audience, including Sector Central Function leads/budget owners, Europe Sector FP&A, Region Planning, Control, HR and Shared Services teams. It will require the incumbent to strive to provide continuous added value to the existing customer base as well as becoming an integral part of the Central Functions through business partnering, ownership and stewardship of the financial data.
Forecasting and Planning / Management Accounting
- Assume a ‘Finance Business Partner’ type role for the budgets of the Commercial Function
- Work closely with individual budget owners to develop, analyse and own their financials to ensure forecast accuracy while enabling Functions to meet their business objectives.
- Lead/Coordinate the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and quarterly forecasts for assigned Central Functions, working with Budget owners to develop their bottom up Forecast/AOP budgets and aligning the overall roll up with HQ Finance Manager and Lead.
- Ensure timely and accurate analysis of monthly actuals vs. forecast/plan and own delivery of monthly rolling Forecast/outlooks through close monitoring of budget performance with focus on forecast accuracy and to avoid surprises.
- Own the delivery of financial results through structured joint-effort and business partnering with assigned Central Functions and key HQ/Sector stakeholders.
- Support Finance leads of all Sector HQ Functions with data loads and consolidation in Cognos and the resulting data/templates sharing.
- Provide required data and analysis for VP and CFO reviews.
- Planning/forecasting processes including P4/9F, AOP, PSP for assigned Central Functions ensuring alignment with budget holders and HQ Planning Manager & Lead
- Manage the month/quarter/year end reporting processes for assigned Central Functions: ensure clear and accurate communication of results to all stakeholders
- Rolling forecast with a focus on forecast accuracy and no surprises
- Minimum 3 years prior experience with Planning/Forecasting and/or strong analytical skills – demonstrated ability to interpret business performance, identify anomalies and trends
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to work in Excel
- Knowledge of accounting processes (purchase orders, accruals) and experience working in the Control environment
- Knowledge of database management principles
- High maturity level to deal with very confidential information
- Leadership/ability to manage a very diverse audience (of senior individuals)
- Strong Communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and cross functionally, verbally and in writing
- Strong written and verbal English
Job Type: Regular