Senior Scientist - Research & Development
Work for a global company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands.
Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is nurtured.
PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand is home to some of the world’s most trusted brands such as Smith's Chips, Red Rock Deli, Sakata Rice Crackers, Pepsi Max and Gatorade! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity to join our Research & Development team as a Senior Scientist on a 12-month full-time contract. We are looking for a self-starter, lateral thinker, with strong communication, negotiation and project management skills, “can do” mentality, and business understanding.
This role would see you manage innovation and productivity projects from initial idea through to launch working with the R&D cross-functional team in consumer research, analytical support, seasoning and packaging development. Also, maintaining and controlling raw material, product and process specifications to support these projects.
- Manage innovation and productivity projects from initial idea through to launch
- Proactively drive technology, systems, and best practices to build superior brand performance
- Maintain and control raw material, product and process specifications for assigned projects
- Provide R&D perspective as well as technical input at Stage Gate meetings with the Leadership Team
- Co-develop innovation pipeline with cross-functional team
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in an R&D related environment within the Food Industry
- B.Sc (Food Science) or B. Tech or a related field
- Strong technical and analytical skills, numerate and computer literate
- Strong bias toward processes, materials and packaging systems
What we can offer you:
- Excellent work-life balance with our flexible office environment
- Career development opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package
- Discounted retail and service benefits through our PepsiCo Extras program
Working at PepsiCo:
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development, along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported.
We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people, and with our new, state-of-the-art office located in a convenient location close to public transport and parking, we believe this to be an environment where our people thrive.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
PEPSICO’S job application process:
- Submit your application via our website, including a cover letter & resume
- Interview and skills evaluation
- Online Assessment process
- Reference and background checks
Our Commitment is to deliver Sustained Growth through Empowered People acting with Responsibility and Trust.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary