EHS Associate Manager (San Antonio or Houston)
**Work Location can be either San Antonio or Houston**
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We're a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety. We do this all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Are you passionate about influencing safety culture? Are you excited to join a team of talented, motivated people to ensure that we continue to lead the industry and set the pace? Now is the time for you to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
What you'll do:
As the EHS Associate Manager, you will contribute to the success of the Pepsi North America Beverages by deploying, implementing, and leading the EHS agenda by supporting the Senior Management team with integrating safety, prevention, and regulatory compliance into everyday work life. Reporting to the Regional EHS Manager, you'll provide collaborative and creative problem solving to develop best-in-class EHS programs for the improvement of the overall EHS strategy at both Houston and San Antonio sites. We are looking for a subject matter expert in employee safety who is highly skilled at implementing processes that will lead to sustained EHS performance improvements.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Implement and execute the Pepsi - North American Beverages EHS policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local OSHA/EPA/ (i.e. Lockout, Haz Com, Machine Safety, SARA, RCRA, etc.)
- Own the development and implementation of the EHS Annual Operating Plans and Action Plans for the local site.
- You'll develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries and environmental incidents
- Demonstrate your solid employee relations experience and your strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- You'll conduct EHS activities such as training/auditing/assessing to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory agency requirements, Zero Zone Management System standards, and internal PepsiCo EHS procedures
- Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures. Recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures
- Identify unsafe equipment operation and conditions while demonstrating your knowledge of appropriate corrective action for unsafe conditions or equipment use
- Exercise a leadership, coordination, and communication role with the your local leadership team to drive improvement across the location
- Complete root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes and management system weak-spots through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.)
- The EHS Manager has responsibility to analyze accident data, develop and implement actionable safety and environmental solutions
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years’ work experience in EHS
- Interpersonal and communication skills including public speaking and presence in meetings and training environments
- Your ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to build a results driven, team oriented environment
- Do you have safety management experience in consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing or grocery industry? If so, we'd love to talk to you
- Safety degree and/or related certification. CSP, CIH, and/or CHMM desirable
- Your real passion for EHS Management systems and experience with their deployment
- EHS auditing experience
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement