Would you like to work at the forefront of the next great shift in consumer behavior driven by technological disruption? You can find an exhilarating opportunity – comparable to Amazon in 1997 or Netflix in 2002 – in today’s food & beverage industry.
As other sectors have shifted to eCommerce-first business models in recent years, food & beverage has continued to rely predominantly on traditional brick & mortar models, but this is changing rapidly and a period of extraordinary disruption is now underway. New technologies are transforming every aspect of reaching consumers, from the rise of digital marketing and online grocery platforms, to the creation of supply chain tools that enable speedy at-home delivery.
To seize this opportunity and lead the food & beverage industry into its remarkable next chapter, PepsiCo – the international food & beverage powerhouse with annual net revenue exceeding $64 billion and beloved brands including Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker, and Tropicana – is expanding its Global eCommerce Team. We’re looking for the greatest minds in data & analytics, software development, machine learning optimization, and next-generation supply chain. Although PepsiCo is a large multinational, the PepsiCo Global eCommerce Team prides itself on having the entrepreneurial, action-oriented culture of an exciting startup business. As part of our group, you would work alongside Silicon Valley veterans, founders of successful startup companies, and food & beverage experts to address a wide variety of the fascinating technical challenges facing our industry.
Given PepsiCo’s incredible global reach – our foods and beverages are enjoyed more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories, and our value chain involves diverse partners ranging from farmers and food scientists to retailers and logistics specialists – the challenges we’re addressing are complex and the solutions will be deeply impactful. The goal of the PepsiCo Global eCommerce Team is to build the technological products and capabilities that will reinvent our industry and make us the #1 food & beverage business in eCommerce for decades to come.
We're looking for a Software Engineer who brings along fresh ideas from all areas, including large-scale system design, new age data architecture, cloud platforms, APIs, artificial intelligence, UI design etc.
In this role you will have several distinct responsibilities and priorities:
- As a founding member of the team, you will have the opportunity to build new products from scratch.
- You will own end-to-end product and features from design to implementation, including the responsibilities for code roll-out and product lifecycle management
- We need you to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward
- You will be responsible for helping us build the technology team and manage deliverables with technology vendor and partners.
Some technologies that we use - we don't expect you to know all of these but some familiarity will be great:
- Functional programming. Elixir and the Phoenix web Framework
- Front End: React and Redux.
- Data & Analytics: Postgres and SQL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of building platform capabilities across ETL, Workflow, Data Ingestion, Data Storage, Data Processing and Visualization
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement