Sr. Cyber Security Network Engineer
The Cyber Security Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting network security systems protecting PepsiCo information and assets globally against unauthorized access, security risks, data loss, and cyber-attacks.
This role will help mature PepsiCo's network security strategy, partnering with PepsiCo stakeholders across all organizational levels to implement and manage a portfolio of integrated security systems. The Cyber Security Network Engineer will foster relationships across organizations and serve as a key Security Engineering point of contact.
This position requires a broad IT background, experience in Information Security with a comprehensive knowledge of network infrastructure, network security trends and technologies, as well as server infrastructure.
- Delivers large, complex long-term technology projects involving multiple technologies and vendors with broad implications for the IT architecture
- In partnership with security analysts and incident response teams, develops strategies and actionable plans for enablement and continuous improvement of network security capabilities
- Develops tactical plans for network security and detection solutions
- Develops standards and best practices for current and emerging technologies
- As subject matter expert, influences technology solutions to maximize threat detection benefit while adhering to secure design principles and utilizing PepsiCo methodology, best practices and policies
- Manages and resolves project and operational issues and risks, using escalation appropriately
- Stays current with the industry, security standards/best practices and relevant industry trend
- Determines, tracks and monitors key metrics to mitigate risks to PepsiCo and remediates when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT systems
- Three or more years of experience in Information Security
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Strong technical background including advanced skills in networking
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Netflow, Web Proxy
- Network forensics experience preferred
- Scripting/Programming experience preferred
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement