Control Systems Engineer
- Provides specific value in developing and integrating automation applications for industrial plant environments.
- Possesses specific skills in the control disciplines including Advanced Process Control (APC), Motion control, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA).
- Utilizes PLC and HMI programming tools and techniques, implements applications, documents development and supports resolution of problems. Is proactive in anticipating possible problems and priority conflicts.
- Provides technical support for installed control systems and ensures that these systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely. Gathers technical information that is relevant to a problem and brings information to the team for discussion.
- Delivers support for project management from conception through implementation and follow-up support services. This is a multidisciplinary role, working closely with colleagues across various functions including operations, project design and purchasing.
- Assists other engineers and project managers in performing other aspects of projects, both in the office and at the customer’s site working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, equipment suppliers, support engineers and other internal PepsiCo staff.
- Understands and ensures compliance with the Health and Safety Regulations and Quality Standards of PepsiCo and the South African Legislation.
- Manage all instrumentation personnel i.e. Performance Management, Discipline, safety gear, leave planning and utilisation of staff.
- Set up an annual training program for all instrumentation personnel.
- Build team capability and maintain a well disciplined and competent workforce.
- Minimum S4, preferably Btech or BSc Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years working experience of which at least 2 years in the area of PLC & SCADA systems troubleshooting and development.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving;
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing Instrument, PLC’s and Scada systems;
- Liaising with contractors, suppliers, specialist and relevant authorities.
- Designing and developing new control systems;
- Providing advice and consultancy support to all three Simba facilities;
- Analysing data and presenting findings in written reports;
- Managing key operations within the engineering department;
- Project management within the relevant departments;
- Writing computer software and test procedures;
- Strong Communication
Job Type: Regular