Delta PT Production Labourer
The Production Labourer contributes to the success of PepsiCo Beverages Canada by efficiently operating and troubleshooting various pieces production equipment, on both the can line and bottle line, in a safe manner. Pepsi places a strong focus on safety, quality and housekeeping in it’s everyday operation. In this role, you will be reporting to the Production Manager. There are potential opportunities for permanent employment afterwards. This position is perfect for individuals looking for a job with a fast-paced company that truly believes it's only as great as it's people.
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week.
Availability: The successful candidate would ideally have open availability.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Frequently lifting/carrying a maximum of 60 lbs
- Occasionally pushing/pulling/lifting a maximum of 100 lbs. (with the aid of a mechanical devices
- Frequent bending and reaching above the shoulder
Qualifications / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent. A post-secondary education is preferred.
- Work experience in a food production plant as a general production labour or machine operator is an asset.
- Basic computer skills and comfortable with using fast paced equipment.
- Must be able to read and write English in order to follow safety protocols
- Ability to do shift work (evenings/afternoons/weekends)
- Problem-solving skills along with the ability to troubleshoot machine problems and make adjustments as necessary to filling and packaging equipment
- Team player who shows initiative, reliability and flexibility
Job Type: Temporary