Packaging Engineer - PepsiCo
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
The Associate Principal Packaging Engineer will support PepsiCo business with proven technical packaging expertise and ability to develop and commercialize new packaging designs for Nutrition Bars category. Candidate to work closely with Marketing, Sales, Operations, Purchasing and Finance to create new business opportunities as well as develop packaging solutions for established projects to help grow the business. Candidate will also collaborate with Product Development on packaging / product requirements i.e., functionality, product protection, shelf life etc. and will be responsible for developing and maintaining packaging specifications.
Candidate will have additional responsibility to lead and manage Customer Channels team. This team’s workload involves the development and execution of secondary and tertiary packaging components that are customized for various retail channels. Must create "go to market" solutions that deliver product efficiently via multiple distribution platforms and maintain a current understanding of packaging technologies within internal plants and co-packers, as well as technology developments within the packaging industry. Candidate will be required to demonstrate ability to incorporate those technologies to optimize overall system cost and efficiency.
- Must have experience in the development and execution of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging materials and have knowledge of the interrelationship with equipment
- Strong project management skills in developing project timelines with multiple cross-functional touch points, and managing platform and project budgets, in addition to tracking of spend
- Must have strong conceptual, analytical and technical skills with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Maintain open communication and build strong relationships with internal & external teams from suppliers to cross functions
- Leadership and management skills
- Analytical thinking
- Innovative thinking
- Follow technical stage gate process, create package development plan & timeline and manage project budget
- Must demonstrate an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and consumer driven environment
- 15-25% domestic travel
- BS in Packaging Science, Chemical, Mechanical, Plastics Engineering or equivalent
- 5-10 years work experience within food/beverage packaging
- *This position can be located in Chicago, IL or Barrington, IL
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement