Food Packaging Assistant Engineer
Work for a global company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands.
Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is nurtured.
PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand is home to some of the world’s most trusted brands such as Smith's Chips, Doritos, Nobby’s Nuts, Red Rock Deli, Pepsi Max and Gatorade! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
To continue our success, we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Tingalpa team as a Food Packaging Assistant Engineer. This role is on a Fixed Term Contract of 12 months.
Key to your success in this autonomous role will be your ability to plan and execute packaging development activities, support brand and productivity strategies.
- Support packaging projects within the business from initial idea through to implementation, partnering with Marketing, Sales, Operations and Packaging Suppliers to develop and implement packaging solutions for ANZ, ensuring accordance to agreed objectives and timelines.
- Support the delivery against the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Innovation Business Plan (SBP) packaging strategies, leading low to medium complexity Packaging Factory trials.
- Create and maintain unambiguous packaging specifications that are compliant with PepsiCo R&D best practices
- Demonstrate and exercise a commitment to promote, develop and improve the health, safety and welfare of our people.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with a proactive and innovative approach to problem solving and new design implementation.
- Demonstrated technical, analytical and project management skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- Good understanding of R&D and product development disciplines, as well as regulatory requirements is desireable.
- Tertiary qualification in Science or a related discipline required. A minimum of one year experience in a Technical or R&D role within a manufacturing environment preferred.
What we can offer you at PepsiCo Tingalpa:
- Excellent work-life balance with our flexible office environment.
- Career development opportunities across our entire global business.
- A highly competitive remuneration package.
- Free on-site health facilities: physiotherapy, personal training, gym & counselling services.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance through our partners Medibank & Bupa.
- Access to and use of our employee discount program, PepsiCo Extras.
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
Our Commitment is to deliver Sustained Growth through Empowered People acting with Responsibility and Trust.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary