General Operator Apprenticeship
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products where we have a great reputation for developing and launching products that our customers and consumers love.
Our Research & Development site in Leicester is currently recruiting for 2 GO Apprentices (1 Permanent and 1 Fixed Term Contract) to join us in the new year.
Whilst working for us as a General Operator you will complete a formal accredited training programme where you will gain a Level 2 Diploma in Food and Drink Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating, setting, stripping and cleaning of machinery within a zone whilst being accountable for a number of pieces of equipment, ensuring they are H&S compliant, at a set standard and identifying when they are not.
- Effective operation of the equipment, optimise operation by making adjustments to process conditions to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Be flexible to cover a broad range of machinery and tasks, subject to frequent, often daily changes of trial plans or operating area.
- Cover for colleague’s absence as and when necessary.
- Participate in additional GPC tasks, like auditing, safety/Food safety teams, stock control, training others, LEAN activities or other related projects.
- Maintaining high safety, hygiene and housekeeping standards
- Pay rate of £8.66 per hour
- Competitive Holiday and Pension Scheme
- Access to flexible benefits
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Subsidised canteen
- Staff discount shop
- Access to staff gym
- Free, secure on site parking
- EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or operating equipment in an autonomous role
- Good analytical, numerical and reading skills
- Strong Team worker and contributor
- A self-starter that is flexible, with a ‘can do,’ attitude to role and duties
- Results driven and understands the link between action & results
- A confident communicator with individuals at all levels
- Organised and methodical
- Conscientious and results focussed
- Flexible and proactive with the ability to solve basic problems/trouble shoot processes
- Mechanical and engineering aptitude and appreciation.
- Able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Can work unsupervised and manage own work requirements
- High ownership of results and work standards (Technical, Safety & Food Safety)
Job Type: Pipeline