Manufacturing / Maintenance Technician - Coventry
The Manufacturing Technician role directly influences the efficiency of the line through ability to identify issues early, to communicate well with other team members and to resolve day-to-day technical issues.
The activities undertaken by the MT are varied, and will span production, engineering, quality and hygiene. The MT has clear, measurable accountabilities, with certain routine and repeatable actions taken every day.
They are responsible for the shift’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in their area, and will be expected to work with other team members in that area to ensure that standards are maintained. They will also understand activities upstream and downstream from their area and will take steps to influence actions taken in other parts of the plant in order to achieve the best overall result for the shift.
The MT’s activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the machines in their area operate within the expected parameters.
- Identifying and resolving root causes of machine inefficiencies.
- Identifying trends in the faults being seen and taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Carrying out quality checks driving quality improvements and taking action in a timely way where product is out of specification. - Completes KPI and quality paperwork and reviews & authorises paperwork completed by GOs.
- Carrying out routine maintenance in line with the preventative maintenance plan. This will include stripping, sanitising, lubricating, checking for wear, re-building and re-starting a machine as well as cleaning of the process and/or packaging distribution conveyors
- Coordinate the activities of General Operators, e.g. directing their workload, relocating GOs to other machines, coaching GOs. MTs will be involved in communication sessions. They will also be involved in one-to-ones with their manager to discuss their performance and development. As key members of the shift team, MTs must be able to identify team performance levels, and will demonstrate a good level of numerical, reading and information recording skills.
An MT will also be expected to identify and follow through improvement opportunities looking within the site for best practice.
They will demonstrate the ability to work with the Shift Technician and the support team to build support of improvement ideas and to implement.
Pay & Benefits:
Salary of £33,616.78
Competitive holidays and pension scheme
Access to a staff shop
Free on site parking
Long service rewards
Full PPE and tooling provided
What we’re looking for:
Results focused, understands targets
Excellent communication skills
Ability to coach & support others on basic operations
Can follow instructions / procedures
Ability to maintain standards & drive Continuous Improvement
Uses initiative and is capable of solving problems
Good planning & coordination skills
Motivates others and displays integrity and trust
Works well as part as a team
Demonstrates basic mechanical competence and technical understanding
Demonstrates appreciation of pneumatic systems
Has basic PC skills
Will clearly understand the use and application of a wide variety of hand tools
Understands tolerance related to machine settings
Can follow flow sheet diagrams and are able to reference and understand technical manualsRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Pipeline