Zone Operations Manager - Frito Lay Distribution
The Zone Operations Manager (ZOM) is responsible for the cost, quality, service and “people” performance for multiple distribution centers located within the zone (local geography). This individual is responsible managing multiple works teams of 10 to 30 technicians, primarily warehousers. The ZOM works with internal sales customers and manufacturing sites to improve the supply chain and improve compliance to our customers. You will be trained in Frito-Lay's distribution, manufacturing, and sales operations processes while assisting team members in solving problems and improving performance.
- Multiple facility management with in the zone
- Cost center P&L management
- Day-to-day warehouse operations
- Interface with product direct delivery customers, vend customers and Frito-Lay Sales associates
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Develop team to solve own day-to-day operational issues
- Develop and execute against annual/quarterly service targets and objectives
- Perform daily shift reconciliation(s) and make necessary adjustments
- Administer policies and practices
- Infrastructure enhancements/upgrades
Key Candidate Disclaimer:
A qualified internal candidate is strongly being considered
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years experience in warehouse environment
- Proven positive P&L management
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills
- Coaching, facilitation and team building skills
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Frequent standing and walking
- Sitting occasionally to frequent
- Lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity) and hear
- Must be able to maneuver safely around moving equipment and/or in congested manufacturing areas
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures (hot and/or cold depending upon season and plant location)
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, ear plugs/muffs, steel-toed shoes, rubber gloves/boots, etc.
- Exposed to various packaging materials, raw ingredients, seasonings, cleaning chemicals, lubricants, etc.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
There may be occasions due to local market dynamics and funding availability when there will be no relocation assistance provided for an opening. In the cases where no funding is provided, relocation costs will be incurred at the employee's expense.
The PepsiCo companies also value being a great place to work and strive to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace. Accordingly, we may condition an offer of employment on the satisfactory completion of a drug screen and background check.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement