Shift Operations Manager
PepsiCo is looking for a high calibre Shift Operations Manager to join our busy manufacturing site in Lincoln.
Lincoln is famous for its production of tasty snacks such as Quavers and Snaps. It’s been part of the PepsiCo family for nearly 80 years and is the Lean Centre of Excellence for Snacks production across Europe.
The site went through a major upgrade in 2013 and is now home to our state of the art ‘packaging hall of the future’ meaning we have the technology and capacity to support the long-term growth of the Walkers business in the UK.
As a Shift Operations Manager you’ll lead the production team, driving excellence in our work and ensuring me meet our customer needs. You’ll utilise Lean and Short Interval Control processes to establish a single point of leadership on shift and deliver performance. You’ll be responsible for managing all people related issues, as well as identifying opportunities for future improvements.
What you’ll get up to:
- Manage the on shift team using the agreed quality, cost, delivery and morale (QCDM) processes and principles, continuously striving for improvements in working practices.
- Be accountable for delivery of a balance scorecard.
- Recognise future demands for the on shift team and drive readiness to meet these needs.
- Incident and regulatory visit controller.
- Manage stakeholders such as Senior Operations Managers, ensuring timely and effective communication.
- Be responsible for key people processes on shift, for example talent reviews, disciplinaries, development for individuals etc.
- Act as the point of contact for any non-executional shift requirements.
- Lead safety on shift.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced Lean manufacturing environment, food manufacturing would be ideal
- Strong management experience of leading large teams
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Flexible, ‘can do,’ attitude
- Results driven
- Excellent communicator with individuals at all levels
- Ability to influence upwards and across in the organisation
- Good computer skills
- Ability to prioritise
This is a 4 on/4 off, rotating days and night shift based role and comes with a completive salary and range of flexible benefits, including 23.5% shift allowance, performance related bonus, 23 days annual holiday with the option to buy/sell more, company pension scheme and private health care, in addition to other salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gymflex, and car scheme.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for seven years in a row!
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular