PepsiCo has strong partnerships with our national and local retail customers across NA and the globe. We partner closely to create meaningful retail experiences and environments for consumers.
The Design Director of Retail Innovation is responsible for driving the creation, visualization, and leading execution of the development for projects with PepsiCo’s retail customer partners. Our partners are wide ranging and include everything from premium hospitality companies, colleges and universities to quick serve and fast casual restaurants so an excellent eye for trends and design in the built environment is paramount (having a keen eye for pop culture, retail, design references and trends and how they can be translated into exciting and inspiring consumer experiences is paramount).
You will demonstrate superior ability to partner with Brand Design leads in concept development and refinement as well as visualization deliverables for internal and external presentations and be able to work with architects, engineers and contractors to execute their ideas. You should be comfortable and confident in being able to assist in bringing their ideas to life in the built environment, working with architects, engineers and contractors to bring ideas to fruition.
- Create process and final product visualization: renderings and sketches based on direction and feedback from Brand Design lead for internal and external deliverables
- Iterate on designs based on direction and feedback from Brand Design lead
- Developing and/or revising design projects, from concept to production, for customer retail partners
- Design in alignment to evolving brand standards with emphasis on brand consistency
- Accurately produce brand assets/imagery
- Present design concepts in a clear and concise manner (excellent presentation skills are a plus)
- Quickly sketch ideas to create and communicate concepts
- Work cross-functionally throughout the design center to support Retail Innovation
- Ideate and construct ideas within a team based design environment
- Consistently meet project deadlines and maintain a high level of work while managing multiple projects
- Participate and contribute in brainstorm sessions and consistently use sense of creativity, foresight and good design judgment in developing and applying marketplace trends
- Creating high quality retail brand design solutions by directly executing design and leveraging internal/external design resources.
- Through past experience and case studies, shows strong ability to create and enhance consumer experience at all points of consumer brand interaction
- 12+ years of experience, March (Master of Architecture degree) or a BS in architecture that is balanced with more professional design experience
- Ability to multitask is paramount. Excellent time and project management skills
- Should be comfortable and confident in being able to assist in bringing their ideas to life in the built environment, working with architects, engineers and contractors to bring ideas to life
- An excellent sense of pop culture, retail, tech and design trends
- Extraordinary design taste and skill
- Needs to have been exposed to brand identity development processes so they can translate brand principles into environmental experience
- Needs to have worked in brand strategy development
- Should be able to oversee the technical development of design intent drawings with agency partners, including red-lines, details and materials recommendations
- Should understand architectural drawing conventions and be able to read architecture plans, sections, etc.
- Should have working knowledge of 3D modeling programs to advise on development of environmental renders
- Should possess knowledge of key hospitality and retail dimensions/clearances and ADA requirements
- Should understand components of (and reasonable costs) associated with project estimates
- Should be able to create and manage project timelines/scheduling
- Should have experience and understand the workflow for environmental graphics/signage
- Should have presentation design skills (Keynote) and exceptional understanding of how to present internal and external audiences
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reportsRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement