Cogeneration Outside Operator
The Outside Operator will be responsible for the safe and proper performance of assigned operating and maintenance tasks during the period of their assigned shift. Additionally, the Outside Operator will be responsible for conducting a thorough inspection and turnover of the plant prior to assuming the shift. The Outside Operator will also perform routine preventive maintenance during normal shift and outages.
The Outside Operator reports directly to the Sr. Board Operator.
No direct subordinates will report to the Outside Operator.
The Outside Operator must be physically capable of performing the activities required of a power plant operator. These activities include standing watch for extended periods of time (12 hour shift), walking around the facility, climbing ladders, working on raised platforms and catwalks, lifting equipment, working with and around water treatment and various industrial chemicals, working in permit required confined spaces, wearing respirators and personal protective equipment and working outside during inclement weather. Example job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Perform changes in plant operating modes and configuration under the direction of the Sr. Board Operator in accordance with approved standard operating procedures.
- Conduct routine inspection of equipment and systems.
- Batch water treatment chemicals for various plant chemical injection systems.
- Perform chemical analysis of plant water systems
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks during normal shift.
- Perform assigned maintenance during outages.
- Perform plant alignment during start up and shut downs, as well as changes in plant operating modes and configurations.
- Maintain appropriate shift logs, reports and records.
- Respond to plant upsets and emergencies.
- Assist maintenance technicians as need.
- Provide relief and coverage of Sr. Board Operator as scheduled.
High school graduate with two years technical apprenticeship or appropriate U.S. military training.
At time of appointment to position, candidate shall have two year experience in power plant operations and/or maintenance. Or in lieu of formal training, four years of commercial or U.S. military experience in the operation and or maintenance of power plants.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement