Full Time Electrician/PLC Programmer - Calgary
The Electrician/PLC Programmer is responsible for designing, programming, repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining programmable logic controller (PLC) systems used within the Pepsi bottling/processing facility. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. The successful candidate will also support day to day maintenance activities, including, preventative maintenance, repairs, changeovers and installations for other advanced production/manufacturing equipment. May mentor and provide support to less experienced technicians. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed.
- Rotating 8 Hour Shifts
- Weekend work
- On Call
- Perform preventative maintenance on PLC systems
- Program, troubleshoot or perform repairs on PLC systems
- Perform software updates when required
- Perform program changes when required and backup copies of all programs
- Perform preventative maintenance or repairs on more advanced production equipment as needed
- Perform breakdown analysis
- Oversee or perform general housekeeping
- Upgrade production lines with new/upgraded equipment/technology
- Direct activities of outside contractors working on assigned line
- Change line for package changeovers
- Enforce GMP, safety, and audit standards
- Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
- Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
- Certified Electrical ticket with Red Seal
- Certified PLC programmer
- Pass technical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance knowledge areas
- Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
- Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting)
- Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
- Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
- Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
- Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
- Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
- Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
- Experience with compressors/ammonia systems (e.g., refrigeration systems).
- Experience with conveyers and air-veyors (air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
- Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
- Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
- Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.).Review rating instructions.
- Experience with packaging/high speed production (e.g., bottling, consumer products, etc.).
- Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
- Experience with pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves, cylinders, etc.).
- Experience with preventative maintenance (computerized preventative charts/data).
- Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, and understanding specs).
- Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, Encoders, etc.).
- Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
- Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
- Experience working in team based environments (working together with others).
#HLYRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular