Technical Store In-charge
Responsible for setting-up, organizing & maintaining inventories of technical stores of the factory while maintaining ROL of different items and spare parts.
- Management of the technical stores while maintaining the required inventory of spares & other items (ROL) for process as well as utility equipment.
- Must be able to work independently to manage & handle all the day to day activities in the stores.
- Responsible for coordinating & ordering technical items, spares and their receiving in stores.
- Computer knowledge is a must.
- Should be well conversant with SAP or stores management softwares.
- Must have the knowledge of Technical Stores processes, controls and inventory management topologies.
- Maintain good housekeeping and product safety in order to ensure compliance against AIBI, IPS, FSSC 22000 and CRP standards.
- Laying standards for minimum and maximum stock levels and reordering quantities
- Planning the purchase schedule on the basis of consumption trends, stock level in the store, sources of procurement and lead time for getting the spares
- Ensuring that all the material is stored in the stores as per the safety precautions necessary to be observed for that particular piece of material.
- Comprehensive coverage of all the spare parts
- Following up with the vendor for delivery of material
- Filing indents and stores copy of the purchase orders
- Opening new item codes and feeding all related information and standards on the SAP and related software
- Records available in SAP and related software
- Ensuring that the receipt and issue of all engineering goods is in compliance with the indents and issue slips respectively
- Verifying the purchase order in SAP on receiving the materials, spare parts physically before accepting delivery
- Marking incidences of bad quality or shortages on the Goods Receipt Voucher and obtaining signatures of the driver of the supplier’s vehicle
- Updating bin cards at the time of both issue and receipt of spares
- Making relevant entries in GINs and SAP for receipt and issue of spare parts
- Putting the GINs in respective department/ user bins for approval from the indenting departments
- Verifying the documents accompanying the material – Bill of Material, IGP and forwarding documents for Accounts
- Obtaining the approval of indenting departments within five days of receiving spares and other parts
- Transferring material from receiving area to respective stock positions and entering in bin cards on receiving approval from departments
- Feedback from the indenting departments
- Updating stock levels in SAP and other related software at the time of both receipt and issue of spare parts
- Clearing pending IGPs at month end
- Obtaining decisions about their acceptability or rejection
- Intimating the vendors in case material is rejected
- Clearing pending RGPs at month end
- Measures◦Providing timely, accurate reports for the stock in the stores
- Generating monthly reports of “Physical Verification”
- Preparing and submitting the rejection report, Pending IGP and RGP reports
- Measures◦Assisting in the periodic physical inspection and the Annual Audit of the store
- Providing stock sheets to the auditors/ accounts
- Clarifying any discrepancies between the statements and the physical stock
- Providing various reports regarding stocks –
- Replication of best stores practices ◦Replication of visual controls;
- Coding of location identification and material codes;
- Coding of location/material of quick material retrieval;
- Visual controls for reorder levels and high/low value items
- Annual Cost saving
- Store retrieval time
- Feed back from central engineering, other departments and other plants
- Devise the process of receipt and issue of material
- Planning the engineering stores inventory and management of the stores. Min-Max level of inventories
- Compliance◦To comply with SOPs and Authority Matrix in light with◾P2P process
- I2C Process◾To maintain the documentation to demonstrate the compliance of above processes
Diploma in Engineering/Graduate
4-6 years in similar capacity
Job Type: Regular