MBA Strategy Summer Intern 2019, Europe
Do you feel challenged to drive the acceleration of PepsiCo’s Commercial strategy? Are you prepared to start your summer internship within a leadership department with one of the world’s leading consumer goods companies?PepsiCo’s MBA internships are designed to make the most of your individuality and talent. The internship is all about learning by doing and experiencing great commercial insights first-hand. Yes you'll get an overview of the business as a whole, but you'll spend most of your time at the heart of your business department. Responsibility will come quickly and you will have the opportunity to drive your own development and strategic thinking, creativity, solutions-focus and leadership skills; ultimately determining your own destiny.
Then we are looking for you!
PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 different product lines that generate more than $1 billion in annual retail sales each. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola – also make hundreds of other enjoyable foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world.
MBA Internships are being offered across a number of PepsiCo’s Strategy teams:
Commercial Strategy: A small, senior team of talented commercial experts responsible for setting & cascading the strategic capability and sales channel strategy across the total brand & geographic coverage in Europe. The team has high exposure, with a reporting line into the Head of Commercial for Europe and an agenda that responds to some of the biggest commercial challenges facing FMCG today. They are based across various countries in Europe; however the internships are most likely to be based in our Reading, UK / Geneva, Switzerland / Maarssen, Netherlands / Madrid or Barcelona, Spain and Brussels, Belgium offices.
Corporate Strategy: Our executive leadership team’s strategic partners, this team plays a critical role in charting PepsiCo’s long term growth and portfolio development in ESSA; both organically and inorganically. The team is tasked with ensuring the company invests in the assets and capabilities needed to stay ahead of the competition. They are based in our Geneva, Switzerland and Barcelona, Spain offices.
Strategic Insights: A carefully curated group of data, insights & strategy experts, has been brought together with the common goal of defining the future consumer trends our business will need to respond to, pioneering new analytical methods and building the capabilities required to keep track of consumers’ engagement with our brands in a “Big Data” world. They are based in our Reading, UK office.
Digital Strategy: Our newest team of Digital experts focusing on both eCommerce as well as Digital Marketing, analytics & media strategy. They are based across various countries in Europe; however the internships are most likely to be based in our Reading, UK / Maarssen, Netherlands / Madrid or Barcelona, Spain and Brussels, Belgium offices.
What you can expect:
The MBA internship is designed to prepare you for a full time career at PepsiCo in ESSA. Throughout the course of the 10-20 weeks (depending on your availabilities, but with a minimum of 10 weeks) internship you will be an integral part of the team and you will be assigned a discrete project on a real business issue. Example projects include:
- Identifying & building the business case to invest behind sub-channel growth opportunities in the Food Service channel.
- Building a roadmap to upgrade Big Data capability in support of price-promotional optimization.
- Defining PepsiCo UK’s “EDLP” pricing strategy in response to retailer strategy moves
- Designing PepsiCo ESSA’s strategy in the Nutrition space, particularly in megacities where new forms of retailing are changing consumer engagement.
- Assessing the dynamics and growth potential of Nuts & Seeds category in Eastern Europe in order to evaluate attractiveness of the space for future investment
What we’re looking for:
Projects will require a high degree of intellectual rigor and the successful candidate will be able to take a big picture view, but also be comfortable with deep analytics. Specifically we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following:
- Strong strategic & problem solving skills.
- Ability to extract key messages from complex data.
- High level of numerical and analytical skills essential – strong Excel modeling.
- Creating simple solutions & crafting clear communications – excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Proven high-performance track record at work, with strong academic background.
- Commercial instincts to understand key business drivers
- Strong operators; ability to translate strategy into action.
- Experience interacting with and influencing senior level executives.
- Completing MBA degree.
- Experience in consulting, finance or corporate strategy, ideally with exposure to CPG
- Leadership experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Eligibility (right to work) and motivation to work permanently in the proposed locations.
To be considered for an interview, please submit your resume before the 14th of December 2018. Please indicate on your CV, your interest for 1 or several of these departments and the locations you would be willing to work in.
What do we offer you?
Within PepsiCo we are proud of our iconic brands and dynamic and informal culture, but we also care a lot about your career possibilities and personal development. You'll work together with inspiring and creative colleagues and have a buddy and manager who can support you in your development. Both businesses as personal objectives will be discussed with you and based upon these outcomes as well as your long-term goals, your personal development plan will be determined. Next to this challenging internship, PepsiCo offers a competitive salary; travel expenses are included in the base salary. At PepsiCo you can work flexible hours or remotely on occasion if you prefer. You can take ownership over your project and your agenda.
Internships in this part of our business frequently translate into full time offers to candidates to join our business on completion of their MBA. If you are interested in permanent opportunities within other areas of PepsiCo then please visit our corporate careers site to view available roles at: www.pepsicojobs.comRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation