Auto req ID:
Role: Process Development Engineer (internal ref; R&D Assoc Engineer)
Salary: c. £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
We are looking for an experienced Chemical Engineering Graduate to join our European R&D Hub in Leicester, playing a key role in our "Beyond Core" process team. Our Beyond Core R&D team are responsible for delivering global innovation across a range of new products and technologies.
In this role you will be responsible for executing work-streams to deliver technical unlocks, and support the innovation agenda through experimentation at bench and pilot through to factory scale. You will develop global process knowledge and display the expertise required to deliver creative and novel processes.
• Lead and execute specific process development work-streams from bench to pilot and manufacturing scale-ups
• Generate hypotheses and conduct sound project research. Plan, design, execute and report statistically sound experiments in a precise and timely manner to generate and test new hypotheses. Transform data and information into meaningful insights to drive innovation
• As part of innovation team, identify and develop solutions to technical obstacles that secure a robust, workable plant-scale process
• Understand and apply process engineering skills to deliver process specifications which respect and deliver required product transformations
• Planning, organising and supervising/delegating pilot/plant trials within our own factories and co-manufacturers
• Work with external partners e.g. strategic vendors, Universities, Consultants, Co-manufactures, Open Innovation Partners and External R&D companies to develop solutions as required.
Key Skills Required
• Graduate in Chemical Engineering preferred (Mechanical Eng & similar qualifications will be considered)
• Previous experience in FMCG R&D, process or technology development roles desired but not essential.
• Relevant previous project management experience, covering product & process development
• Understanding of cause and effect Food Science: Food Engineering interactions desired but not essential.
• Analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information e.g. interpreting process data, experimental design and statistical inference
• Understanding of scale-up science, both theoretical and practical, and related hypothesis testing and experimental design, to drive sound experimental proposalsRelocation Eligible:
Not ApplicableJob Type: